How To Create A New Team On Microsoft Teams
Last Updated: September 20, 2021
Do you want to form a new team within your organization on Microsoft Teams? Or are you planning to introduce a new group of people to help you achieve your goals? In any case, you can opt to create a new team on the app. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll teach you everything you need to know about adding a new team on Microsoft Teams.
If you’re the one that manages your organization in Microsoft Teams, you’re usually the one that creates new teams and channels for other members. Thankfully adding a team is an easy task on the app.
For starters, a team in your organization can consist of people that work toward the same goal. On the other hand, a channel is a space within a team where members can share information with other users.
If you’re sure that creating a new team is what you need right now, we got you covered. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you everything you need to know.
How to form a new team on Microsoft Teams
If you want more people to work on your Microsoft Teams organization, you can create a new team. In this way, you can add more groups that share the same goal for your org.
You can create a new team whether you’re using Teams on your phone or desktop. With that in mind, we have here our step-by-step tutorials that cover both devices.
On your computer:
- Open Microsoft Teams (web or desktop app) and sign in to your account.
- Click “Teams” on the left sidebar and select “Join or create a team” at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Create team button.
- Choose whether to create a team from scratch, a group, or with a template. In this guide, we’ll start from scratch.
- Select whether it’s a private, public, or org-wide team.
- Add the team’s name and description.
- After filling up the team information, click Create at the bottom of the window to confirm your decision.
After creating the team, you can opt to add members immediately. On the other hand, you can opt to skip this step to invite people later.
You can create more teams in your organization whenever you want. Each account can own up to 250 teams, so there’s no need to worry about losing space for more members.
On the mobile app:
- Tap Teams at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the top right and select “Create new team” at the bottom of the app.
- Add the team name, description, and choose a privacy option.
- Tap the check on the top right to create the team.
Once you have everyone you need on your team, you can go ahead and create channels for your members. They can use these channels to start new conversations with other people on the team.
Please note that your organization can choose people who can only create teams. If you’re having trouble forming a new team, contact the owner or one of the admins.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to create new teams on Microsoft Teams, you can go ahead and assign people on your organization to a different group that works on specific parts of your project or business. In this way, each team can have a space to collaborate and communicate with their members.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips and tutorials, visit our site regularly, and don’t forget to check our daily posts and updates.