How To Create A New Profile On Netflix
Last Updated: May 23, 2022
Do you want to create a new Netflix profile for someone in your household? Or do you want a new viewing experience, activity list, and preferences? In any case, you can create a new profile on your Netflix account. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how.
On Netflix, users can have up to five profiles on their accounts. Each profile you create on the app is independent of one another in terms of preferences, activities, restrictions, shows list, and other options.
Depending on the subscription plan on your account, users can use these different profiles to use Netflix at the same time. Standard subscriptions allow users to stream on two separate devices at the same time, while Premium users can watch on 4 different ones.
Here’s our guide about adding a new profile on Netflix.
How to create a profile on Netflix
If you want a new personalized Netflix experience, you can add a profile to your account. Each profile has its own viewing activity, list, restrictions, and other features.
You can create a new profile whether you’re using Netflix on your phone or computer. Check our tutorials below to learn how.
On your phone:
- Open the Netflix app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile icon on the top right corner of the app.
- Select the “Add Profile” option on your Profile & More page.
- Add a name for your profile, select its avatar (optional), and choose whether to add restrictions to the profile.
- Tap “Save” on the top right corner to confirm your decision.
That’s how you create a new profile on your Netflix account. You can use multiple profiles for different viewing experiences or for other family members in your household.
On your computer:
- Open Netflix on your favorite browser and sign in to your account.
- Click your profile icon on the upper right side of the screen and select “Manage profiles” from the menu. You can also find the Manage profile page before selecting a profile after signing in to your account.
- Click the “Add profile” option on the right side of your existing profiles.
- Add the profile’s name and click the red Continue button.
If you ever change your mind, you can manage your profile and delete the one you created earlier. You can create up to five profiles on your account on Netflix for different viewing experiences.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to add a new profile on Netflix, you can create more viewing experiences on your account. Other people living with you can use these profiles to watch the shows while preventing them from affecting the algorithm of your profile.
That’s it! If you want more tips and tutorials, visit our page regularly, and read our latest posts and updates.