How To Create A New Form In Airtable
Last Updated: February 24, 2022
Do you want to get more information, feedback, or requests for your project or collection on Airtable? Do you want to gather all the data into one of your bases directly? In any case, you create a new form on Airtable. Check our quick guide below, and we’ll cover the things you should know.
In most projects and collections, gathering data and opinion from other users can help you improve the quality of your work. After all, there might be problems, feedbacks, and potential improvements that the other people may observe while checking your project, product, or work.
Thankfully, Airtable makes it easy for the user to gather information from collaborators and other people outside the workspace. With the help of forms, you can ask people for feedbacks and opinions while saving the data on your bases directly.
Here’s our guide about creating forms in Airtable.
How to add a form in Airtable
If you want to collect information from your teammates or other collaborators on Airtable quickly, you can create a form in one of your bases. In this way, you can gather data and save them automatically in one of your tables within the base.
You can create forms from the Airtable web app on your computer. Follow our step-by-step tutorial below and we’ll show you how.
- Visit the Airtable web app and sign in to your account.
- Browse your workspaces and open one of its bases where you want to create a form.
- Click Views on the upper left side of the base.
- Expand “Create” at the bottom of the sidebar and select “Form” once the options appear on your screen.
- Name the new view, select the people who can collaborate, and click the “Create new view” option.
- Customize the fields, rearrange them, and add the questions and queries you want to ask from other users.
- Click the Share form option on the top left side of the table, copy the link, and send it to people to gather the data you need.
That’s how you create a new form on Airtable. You can customize your form by adding a logo or a cover image to show your brand or company to anyone that answers your queries.
Once someone answers or fills up your form, you’ll receive the data directly on your base. In this way, you can review and take action on all the requests you receive from people answering your form.
Unfortunately, you can’t create a new form on the Airtable app for Android. You’ll need to open the web app to create a new form view on your base.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to create forms in Airtable, you can efficiently gather important information from other collaborators and other users outside your workspace. Whether you ask for opinions, improvements, bug reports, or feedback, it’s all up to you.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials from us, visit our page regularly, and take time to read our latest posts and updates.