How To Create A Link To Your Subpages In Notion
Last Updated: July 15, 2021
Do you want to link your pages and subpages together in Notion? Do you want to add a link inside a paragraph or create one as a block that you can place anywhere you want? Either way, we’re here to help you. In our article below, we’ll show you how to use links in your pages in Notion. Whichever method you want to use, we have a step-by-step tutorial for you.
Adding links to one of your pages in Notion can help the readers navigate directly to pages, texts, and images they need. It can also connect your content inside the workplace, making them cohesive as possible.
Thankfully, placing links on a page is quite simple in Notion. There are also a few ways to do this, which depend on what you want to use.
With that in mind, we have here a guide for you. We’ll teach you how to add links to a page in Notion.
How to link pages in Notion
There are two ways to link a page or subpage in Notion. You can use different commands for in-line paragraph links or create a new block you can drag around to place on the page.
Whichever method you want to use, we got you covered. Follow our quick tutorials below to learn how.
Adding links in-line in paragraphs:
- Launch the Notion app on your desktop or visit their web browser client and sign in to your account.
- Using the sidebar on the left, open one of your pages.
- Select the paragraph where you want to add the link and type the ‘@‘ command. Alternatively, you can also use the ‘[[‘ and ‘+’command to link one of your pages.
- Type the name of the page you want to link and select the page from the dropdown menu that appears on your screen.
That’s how you link pages and subpages on the Notion desktop and web app. You can also use the ‘+’ command to create new links or pages that are either nested within the current page or in other places in your workspace.
Thankfully, this method also works on the Notion mobile app. All you have to do is type one of the three commands mentioned above in one of your pages, enter the name of the page, and select the one you want to link on the menu at the bottom of your screen.
Adding links as blocks:
Aside from adding links inside paragraphs, you can also create individual blocks that you can click and drag. In this way, you can place it anywhere you want on your page.
- Open the Notion desktop or web app and sign in.
- Access one of your pages through the left sidebar.
- Hover on one of your paragraphs and click the plus icon on the left to add a block.
- On the menu that appears, scroll down and select “Link to page” on the Basic Blocks section.
- Type the name of the page or subpage and select it from the search results.
To move or rearrange the block, hover on it and drag the six dots beside the plus icon on the left. You can place it anywhere you want on the page.
Adding links as a block also works on the Notion mobile app. You can find the option to add a block by clicking on the plus icon at the bottom of the page you’re currently editing.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to add links in Notion, you can go ahead and connect your pages and subpages together. In this way, you and other people that have access to the page can navigate directly to the content they need.
Aside from linking to other pages, you can also link to texts, images, and content blocks within the current page you’re editing. We’ll leave how you use these links up to you.
That’s everything we have on us! If you want to read more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us frequently and check our daily posts or updates.