How To Create A Group With Campus Connect On GroupMe
Last Updated: September 19, 2022
Do you want to have a group exclusively for students from your school or university? Do you want to help your schoolmates find your group with their email addresses? In any case, you can start a school group on GroupMe. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how.
A lot of schools and universities give out their own email addresses for their students to use for stuff online. Students can use these email addresses for creating accounts for school purposes or communication with other students.
In GroupMe, users can create groups for their university or college community and make it discoverable for everyone with an email address from their school. With the help of the Campus Connect feature, other users can easily find and join your groups with their email.
Here’s our guide about starting a school group on GroupMe.
How to start a school group in GroupMe
If you want to make a GroupMe group that’s discoverable to users with an email address from your school, college, or university, you can start a school group on the app. In this way, your classmates or schoolmates will have an easier time finding your group on the platform.
You can start school groups whether you’re using GroupMe on your phone or computer. Check our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll guide you on both.
On your phone:
- Launch the GroupMe app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Discover tab by tapping its icon at the bottom of the app.
- Tap the New chat icon on the top right corner and select “Start School Group” from the menu.
- Enter the group’s name, description, and avatar, and tap the check icon on the top right to continue.
- Add the members that you want to include in your group and tap the check icon. You can also opt to skip this step to continue.
- Edit the group settings and tap the check icon on the top right corner to create the new school group. You can press the Skip button to create the group right away.
That’s how you start school groups from the GroupMe app for Android. Anyone with your school email can find your group using the Camus Connect feature.
On your computer:
- Visit the GroupMe web app and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Discover tab from the sidebar.
- Click the New chat icon and select “Start School Group” from the menu.
- Set the group’s avatar, name, and topic. Click the Create Group option.
- Select the contacts that you want to include in the group and click “Add Members” to create the group. You can opt to skip this step if you don’t plan to add members right away.
Please note that you can’t start school groups from the GroupMe Windows app. You’ll need to open and access your account on their web client or mobile app to do so.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to start a school group on GroupMe, you can now create groups for your college or university community. Your schoolmates can easily find and join the group by using the Campus Connect feature on the app.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.