How To Create A Group On Viber
Last Updated: December 20, 2022
Do you want to talk with multiple people on Viber in a single chat? Or do you plan to bring your workmates together and chat with them in a single conversation? Either way, you can create a group chat on Viber. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do it.
Aside from chatting with people one-on-one on Viber, you have the option to create group chats on the app. With the help of this feature, you can create discussions and plans with multiple contacts in a single place.
Groups on Viber give users a space to socialize and plan events with their friends, family, and workmates on the app. Unlike channels, groups allow members to participate and send messages to the chat whenever they want.
Here’s our guide about starting new groups on Viber.
How to create a new group on Viber
If you want a space where your friends or workmates can talk on Viber, you can create a group chat on the app. In this way, you can plan events, get-togethers, and other stuff in a single conversation.
You can create new group chats whether you’re using the Viber app on your phone or computer. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll cover the steps from both.
On your phone:
- Open Viber on your phone and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Chats tab and tap the Compose icon on the bottom right.
- Select the “New Group or Community” option at the top of the page.
- Select the contacts that you want to include in the group.
- Choose “Group chat” as the type, add the name for your group, and tap the check icon on the top right corner to confirm your decision.
That’s how you create a group chat from the Viber mobile app. Each group you create can host up to 250 members in the chat.
On your computer:
- Launch the Viber desktop app and link it to your account.
- Click the Compose icon above the chats list.
- Select the New group option.
- Add the name of your group and choose the participants.
- Click the “Start Chat” button at the bottom of the sidebar.
You can add more members to your group if you forgot to add some of your contacts to the chat. Also, you have permission to manage and remove the members of the conversation as an admin.
Please note that all the group chats in Viber have end-to-end encryption. As such, you can worry less about the safety of your conversations.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to create group chats on Viber, you can start one with your friends, family, or workmates on the app. After creating the chat, you can easily plan events or start discussions with the other members.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.