How To Create A GIF On Viber
Last Updated: December 15, 2022
Do you want to make your conversations on Viber more fun and interesting? Do you want to create unique GIFs on the app and share them with your friends? If that’s the case, you can use your camera to record a video or upload one from your Gallery and convert it to a GIF. Here’s a quick guide to help you do so.
Aside from sending using emojis and stickers on Viber, there’s another fun way to make your chats on the app interesting. You can share GIFs with your friends on the app so that you can express yourself in another way through the conversation.
Although you can choose from the available GIF selection on the app, you can also create or convert an existing video into a GIF. In this way, you can create personalized GIFs and send them to your contacts and friends on Viber.
Here’s our guide to creating GIFs on Viber.
How to create and share a GIF on Viber
If you want to send short and fun videos to your friends on Viber, you can create and share a GIF on the app. You can use your camera to take a quick video or select a file from your device to convert them to a GIF.
You can only create GIFs from the Viber mobile app for Android and iOS. Follow our tutorial below, and we’ll show you how to do it from an Android phone.
Using your camera to create a GIF:
- Open Viber on your phone and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of your chats and tap the GIF icon below the message field.
- Select the “Create your own GIF” option under the Extensions section on the menu.
- Tap the Capture icon to start recording. The recording will automatically stop after 10 seconds, but you can tap the recording icon again to end the recording whenever you want.
- Edit the GIF, add a description (optional), and hit the Send button to share the newly created GIF to the chat.
GIFs on Viber last for a minimum of 1 second and a maximum of 6. You can adjust the slider while editing the video to choose the start and endpoints of the GIF.
You can use the timer and flash option while taking a video to create the GIF that you want. You can find these options at the top right of the app before and during recordings.
Converting a video on your device to a GIF:
Aside from using your camera to create a GIF, you can upload a video from your device and turn it into a GIF instead.
- Launch Viber on your phone and open one of your chats.
- Tap the GIF icon on the message field and select the “Create your own GIF” option from the menu.
- Once the camera option appears, select the Gallery icon on the top right and choose the video that you want to use as a GIF.
- Edit the GIF and hit the paper plane icon to send it to the chat.
There are a couple of tools aside from the slider that you can use to edit your GIF. You can add text, stickers, and doodles to your GIF to make it look more fun and interesting.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to create a GIF on Viber, you can now share unique ones with your friends and contacts on the app. Who knows, you might find yourself creating the next viral content out there.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.