How To Create A Folder In Zoom
Last Updated: August 31, 2022
Do you want to organize or move your conversations in Zoom into different sections? Do you want a different folder for your work-related chats and channels? In any case, you can create folders on the chat tab to separate your conversations on the app. Check our quick guide below to learn how.
In Zoom, your conversations, groups, and channels appear on the chat tab within the app. You can find your chats on the sidebar when you’re using the desktop app and on the Meet & Chat tab from the mobile app.
If you have a lot of channels and conversations that you’re using on your account, you might find the chat tab disorganized. To clean up and separate chats into different categories, you can create folders on the app.
Here’s our guide to creating new folders in Zoom.
How to create a folder for your Zoom chats and channels
If you want to organize your Zoom chats into different sections, you can create folders on your account. In this way, you can group your channels and conversations into different categories so that you can find them faster when you want to.
You can create new folders for your chats whether you’re using Zoom on your desktop or mobile device. In our tutorials below, we’ll teach you how to do it from both devices.
On your computer:
- Launch the Zoom desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Chat tab.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the sidebar and select the “Create a Folder” option from the menu.
- Choose the folder name and add the contacts or chats that you want to place within the folder.
- Click the Create Folder button to confirm your decision.
That’s how you create a folder from the Zoom desktop app. You can right-click on one of your conversations, select the Move to Folder option from the menu, and choose the destination to move the chat to another folder.
On your phone:
- Launch the Zoom mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Make sure that you’re on the Meet & Chat tab and tap Folders.
- Tap the plus icon on the top right corner of the app to create a new folder.
- Name your new folder and tap Next.
- Choose the chats, channels, and other stuff you want to move to the folder, and tap “Create” to confirm your decision.
You can skip adding more conversations to your folder in the meantime. You can find the option to move a channel or conversation to a folder by opening the chat’s information page.
To wrap things up
With the help of new folders on Zoom, you can now separate your chats into different categories on your account. In this way, you can navigate your conversations much faster and more efficiently to find the one that you want to view.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.