How To Create A Folder In Canva
Last Updated: March 27, 2023
Do you want to organize your designs on Canva? Do you want to separate your creations into different places? Either way, you can create folders on the app. Follow our guide below, and we’ll teach you how to create a new folder within your account on Canva.
When you create a design on Canva, you can find it on the Projects tab on the app by default. As you create more designs, navigating through them can take some time, especially if you create designs for different purposes.
Thankfully, you can create folders on the app to organize your content. You can upload media files or move designs to a folder to segregate them from your other work.
Here’s our guide about creating a folder on the Canva app.
How to create folders in Canva
If you want to organize your designs in Canva, you can create folders on the app. Each folder can have up to 200 items for Canva Free accounts, while premium accounts can upload up to a thousand.
You can create folders on Canva from their web, desktop, or mobile app. In our tutorials, we’ll show you how to do it from your phone and computer.
On your computer:
- Open the Canva desktop app or visit their web client and sign in to your account.
- Click Projects from the sidebar located on the left side of the app.
- Click the “Add new” button on the top right and select “Folder” from the menu.
- Name the folder and share it with your team members (sharing is optional).
- Click the Continue button to create a new folder on your account.
There’s no limit to the number of folders you can create on your account. Create as many as you need to organize your creations and uploaded media on the app.
On your phone:
- Open the Canva mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Tap Projects at the bottom of the app.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the upper right.
- Select the “New Folder” option from the menu.
- Name the new folder and share it with your team (optional). Tap Continue to create the folder on your account.
That’s how you create a folder on Canva. You can upload media to the folder to fill it up with content or move existing designs to organize them.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to create folders on Canva, organizing designs, elements, and media is no longer a problem on the app. You can upload and move a lot of content within a folder, so having a few ones on your account is enough to separate your creations on the app.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.