How To Create A Custom Status On ClickUp
Last Updated: February 11, 2023
Do you want new options to mark the progress of your tasks on ClickUp? Or do you want to customize how your team’s workflow appears within your workspace? In any case, you can add custom statuses to your spaces, folders, and lists on the app. Follow our guide below to learn how.
By default, there are three status groups on ClickUp, namely Acitve, Done, and Closed. These options allow users to mark the progress of tasks within a workspace.
However, we understand that some of you might want to customize how your workflow looks to suit your project. Thankfully, you can create custom statuses on the app whenever you want.
Here’s our guide about creating custom statuses on ClickUp.
How to add a custom status on ClickUp
If you want to have more task statuses you can use on ClickUp, you can set up custom ones on your workspace. In this way, you can organize your workflow according to your needs.
You can add new statuses whether you’re using ClickUp on your phone or computer. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll cover the steps for both devices.
On your phone:
- Launch the ClickUp mobile app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the three lines on the top left of the app to open the menu.
- Open one of your spaces, lists, or folders.
- Tap the three dots icon on the top right corner to open the settings.
- Tap the Statuses option.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the right of Custom statuses.
- Select the “Add status” option under the Active or Done section.
- Name your custom status and choose a color. Tap Create in the top right corner to confirm your decision.
By default, only admins and business owners can add, edit, or remove custom statuses on ClickUp. However, those on the Business or Enteprise plan can give members permission to manage custom statuses.
On your computer:
- Open the ClickUp desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Hover your mouse pointer over one of your spaces, lists, or folders, and click the three dots icon. We’ll go with folders in this tutorial.
- Once the menu appears, click Folder settings > List statuses.
- Select Custom and click the “Add status” button.
- Choose a name for the new status and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
That’s how you create customs status for your folders on ClickUp. Always remember that you can create a custom status for lists and spaces on the app as well.
You can edit your custom statuses whenever you want. You can rename a status or change its color to suit your preferences.
To wrap things up
With the help of custom statuses on ClickUp, you can change how you mark your progress on the app. If you ever change your mind, you can use the default status options on the lists, folders, and spaces within your workspace.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.