How To Create A Custom Animation In Canva
Last Updated: April 10, 2023
Do you want to use a custom animation for your designs in Canva? Or did you not find the one you want to use from the available animations? Either way, you can create custom animations for images and elements within your designs. Check our guide, and we’ll teach you how to do so.
In Canva, users can use animations to make their videos and presentations fun and interesting. For an easy time, you can use the default animations and apply them to images and elements immediately.
On the other hand, you can also create a custom movement and pathing for your elements and images to create a custom animation for your designs.
Here’s our guide to creating custom animations in Canva.
How to use a custom animation in Canva
If you want to use a unique element or photo movement in your Canva videos, you can create a custom animation for the item. You can choose the path that the element or image takes within a page to create an animation different from the available options.
You can create a custom animation whether you’re designing from your phone or computer. In our quick tutorials, we’ll cover the steps to do it from both.
On your computer:
- Launch the Canva web or desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of your existing designs or create a new one from scratch.
- Select one of the elements or images on the page and select the Animate option.
- Select the “Create an Animation” option on the sidebar.
- Drag the element on the page to create your custom animation. Holding the shift key while dragging creates a straight line, and moving the photo or element slower or faster changes the animation speed.
- Release your finger from the mouse to end the animation.
- Adjust the animation settings on the sidebar and click Done at the bottom to apply the custom animation.
That’s how you create a custom animation in the Canva web app. You can preview the whole design by clicking the play icon on the upper right.
On your phone:
- Open the Canva mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Open one of your designs or create a new one.
- Tap one of the images or elements on the current page and select Animate among the options at the bottom of your screen.
- Scroll to the right-most part of the options and select “Create.”
- Drag the element or photo to create the path for the animation. Release your finger from the screen to end the animation.
- Adjust the animation settings and tap Done to apply the changes.
You can choose the movement style and speed of your animations in the app. Choose the one that you like or that fits your video best.
To wrap things up
With custom animations on Canva, you can animate your images and elements uniquely for your designs on the app. Play around with the animation settings to get the one that best fits your creations.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.