How To Create A Community On WhatsApp
Last Updated: November 24, 2022
Do you want to create a shared conversation with multiple groups on WhatsApp? Or do you want to bring different groups to a similar purpose? In any case, you can create a community on the app. Follow our guide below, and we’ll cover all the steps to do so, whether you’re on your phone or computer.
In one of WhatsApp’s recent updates, they introduced the “communities” feature globally on the app. This option allows you to link multiple group chats together to create a place where people can connect with each other.
Community members can easily switch between the different groups to find the information or conversation they need. This feature is useful in schools, workspaces, neighborhoods, and other stuff.
Here’s our guide about creating a community on your WhatsApp account.
How to start a new community on WhatsApp
If you want to organize events for different groups on WhatsApp, you can create a community on the app. This feature allows you to connect multiple groups together for a conversation.
You can create new communities, whether you’re using WhatsApp on your phone or computer. In our tutorials below, we’ll cover the steps you should know.
On your phone:
- Launch WhatsApp from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the Communities icon on the left side of the Chats tab.
- Tap the Start Your Community button to get started.
- Add a name and description for your new community and select the Next button on the bottom right.
- Add existing groups to your community or create a new one.
- Tap the check icon on the bottom right to confirm your decision.
That’s how you start a new community on WhatsApp for Android. You can now send your first message to the conversation to start your discussion or announcement.
On your computer:
- Open the WhatsApp web or desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Click More options (three dots icon) above the chats list and select “New community” from the menu.
- Name your new community, add a description, and click the Next button at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Choose the groups that you want to include in the community and click the green check button to confirm your decision.
Please note that members can join any group that’s a part of the community. You can create or add up to 50 groups to your community on top of the announcement group.
To wrap it all up
With the help of the community feature on WhatsApp, you can now bring group chats under a single group. As long as you’re an admin of a group, you can add them to a community whenever you want.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.