How To Connect Firestick To A Projector
Last Updated: February 14, 2020
Today, you really don’t need to go to theaters just to watch new movies. You can actually enjoy different movies at the comfort of your own home. Using a projector can make you feel as if you are in a movie house since you can customize its screen size, depending on your comfort and preference. This home entertainment experience will even be enhanced if you are using a firestick. Why? Because you can stream a lot of movies and TV shows that you like, plus you can play games.
Here are the steps on how you can connect firestick to a projector:
Setting up the firestick on your fire TV
- Pair your firestick with Alexa’s voice remote control. Hold the “Home” button of the remote until “Press to start” appears in your screen, tap it.
- After you press start, you will then be given different language option. Scroll up or down to choose your preferred language. Select the language you wish to use on your fire TV.
- After selecting the language, you will then be prompted to connect to your network. Choose your preferred Wi-Fi connection. You may be required to fill your network’s password.
- After you have connected your fire TV to a network, you will need to register on Amazon. Before you should decide to set up your firestick, you need to have an Amazon account so that it will not be hard for you to create one using the fire TV. Anyway, I assume that you already have an account so all you need to do is to select “Register.” You are then required to fill your username and password.
- You will then be asked if you want to save your Wi-Fi passwords to Amazon. Just an advise, just choose “no” for security purposes.
- You will then be asked if you want to enable “Parental Controls.” After that, you will be shown a video as an introduction to firestick.
- The last step is enabling your data monitoring. Anyway, you can set up this feature later. Now you can use your firestick on your TV. You can now watch various shows in movies on your firestick.
Connecting Your Fire TV with a Projector
It is quite hard to connect your firestick directly to a projector. So here are the easiest steps on how to use a firestick with a projector:
Step 1: Look for the “Video Out” connections usually located at the back of your fire TV.
Step 2: Look for the “Video In” connections also located at the back of your projector.
Step 3: Connect both devices by using a designated cable from the “Video Out” component of your fire TV to the “Video In” component of your projector.
Step 4: On your projector, choose the input source corresponding to the kind of cable connection you are using in connecting your fire TV and projector. Choose “HDMI” if you used an HDMI cable while choosing “Component Video” if you used a component video.
And there you go, your fire TV is now connected to your projector. You can enjoy streaming using your firestick while using your fire TV and projector.