How To Connect Cards On Trello
Last Updated: April 21, 2022
Do you want to connect related cards on your Trello board? Do you want to display other content within a card on your board? If so, you can use the card attachment feature on the app. We’ll show you how to use this option in our guide below.
In Trello, cards may represent ideas, tasks, questions, or other types of information within your board. When working on a project, there might be cards that have a similar purpose or relationship with another card.
By linking cards, people can immediately view and access other related information relevant to the card without browsing the board manually. This option can help your team handle related tasks much faster without spending time searching across the board.
Here’s our guide about using the card attachment feature on Trello.
How to attach cards on Trello
If you want to keep your tasks connected on Trello, you can attach cards to other ones within the board. In this way, anyone that views the card can keep track of the other tasks or subjects that need attention.
You can attach cards whether you’re using the Trello web or mobile app. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll cover the steps you need to know on both app versions.
On your phone:
- Open Trello from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Head to the board that you want to manage and open one of its cards.
- Tap the “Add attachments” option under the “Quick Actions” section.
- On the menu that appears, select “Trello.”
- Enter the name of the card that you want to attach and select it from the search results.
That’s how you attach cards to another one on your Trello board. You’ll find all the linked cards in the Attachments section when you open the card.
On your desktop:
- Open the Trello web app on your preferred browser and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of your boards and select the card that you want to edit.
- Click Attachment under the “Add to card” section on the right side of the card window.
- Select Trello on the next menu that appears on your screen.
- Type the name of the card you want to attach on the search bar and select the right one from the results.
Aside from attaching cards, you can include an entire board within your card on Trello. Card attachments link both cards to one another, making it easier for the viewer to navigate to other related stuff within the board.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to use card attachments on Trello, you can link up related cards within your board. If you want the current card to also appear in its card attachments, select the “Connect cards” option below the attachment.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and check our newest posts and articles.