How To Close A Board On Trello
Last Updated: March 24, 2022
Do you want to remove a board from your workspace on Trello? Do you want to hide a board on your workspace temporarily so that you can go back and check its contents in the future? If so, you can close the board on your workspace. Follow our step-by-step guide below, and we’ll show you everything you need to know about closing boards on the Trello web and mobile app.
In Trello, you can create boards within your workspace to separate your different projects collaborations. Each board may consist of a ton of cards, which can represent different parts of your work.
Although having a standard plan on Trello allows you to create an unlimited number of boards, having too many boards on your workspace can make it harder for people to work on active ones. Thankfully, you can close a board on the app to archive it from your workspace.
Here’s our guide about closing boards on Trello.
How to close down a board on Trello
If you no longer need a board on your Trello workspace, you can close it down to separate it from the ones you use. In this way, you can focus on more important projects, works, and collaborations.
You can close a board on Trello whether you’re using their web client on your computer or mobile app. In our tutorials below, we’ll teach you how to close boards from both app versions.
On your computer:
- Visit the Trello web client on your browser and sign in to your account.
- Open the board you want to close and click the “Show menu” button on the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Once the sidebar appears on your screen, select the “More” option.
- Select the “Close board” option and click Close one the window that appears to confirm your decision.
That’s how you close a board on the Trello web client. If you want to permanently delete or re-open a board, head to your workspace page and click the “View closed boards” button at the bottom of the page.
On your phone:
- Launch Trello on your device and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of your boards and tap the three dots on the top right corner of your screen.
- On the sidebar that appears, select “Board settings.”
- Tap the “Close board” option at the bottom of the menu.
Please note that closing a board on Trello doesn’t delete the board from your workspace completely. You can re-open the board if you want to work on it in the future.
When re-opening a board, you can place it in any workspace that you manage.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to close a board on Trello, you can archive the boards that you no longer want to use. If you ever change your mind, you can always re-open a board and restore it back to your workspace.
That’s it! If you want to read more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.