How To Clone A Group In GroupMe
Last Updated: September 18, 2022
Are you tired of adding the same people to new groups you create in GroupMe? Do you plan on creating a new group on the app while including the members of one of your other groups? In any case, you can clone a group to copy all its members to your new group. Check our quick guide below, and we’ll teach you how to do so.
When you create a group in GroupMe, you’ll need to add members one by one. It can be quite tiring to create new groups while including members from your other groups on the app.
To make things easier, the app has a feature that allows you to get members from existing groups and add them to the members of a new conversation you’re creating. With the help of the clone group option, you can now take the members of one of your groups to create a new group on the app.
Here’s our guide about cloning groups in GroupMe.
How to clone one of your groups in GroupMe
If you want to create a new group in GroupMe while including another group’s original members you have the option to clone it. In this way, you don’t have to go through all the trouble adding some of your contacts to a new group.
You can clone a group whether you’re using GroupMe on your phone or computer. Follow our step-by-step tutorial below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Launch the GroupMe app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Head to the group that you want to clone and tap its avatar on the conversation header.
- Select “Settings” from the sidebar that appears on your screen.
- Scroll down the Group Actions section and select the “Clone Group” option.
- Choose the name, description, and avatar for your new group and tap the checkmark in the top right corner.
- Add more members to the group and tap the checkmark on the top right.
- Edit the group settings or skip this step to continue to your new group.
That’s how you clone a group from the GroupMe mobile app. Please note that you can still edit the group members and remove some people before creating the new group.
On your computer:
- Open the GroupMe desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Head to the group that you want to manage and select “Settings” from the sidebar.
- Select the Clone Group button from the Settings tab.
- Name the new group and click the arrow icon at the bottom of the sidebar.
- View and edit the group members and click the “Add members” option at the bottom of your screen.
- Click the checkmark to create the group.
You can’t clone groups that are empty or don’t have other members besides yourself.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to clone groups on GroupMe, you’ll have an easier time adding existing group members to new conversations that you want to create on the app. In this way, you won’t need to select the contacts that you want to add to the group one by one.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.