How To Clip On Twitch
Last Updated: December 27, 2021
Do you want to save the amazing content you watched through your favorite channels on Twitch? Or do you want to help your peers record the highlights of their gameplay throughout their stream? In any case, you can use the clip feature on the app to generate a short video that you can share with other people. Follow our quick guide below to learn how.
In Twitch, users can host or share streams to spotlight other channels and streamers on the app. Sharing a stream can help the channel’s community grow, resulting in more viewers and subscribers in the future.
Aside from hosting and sharing the channel, you can also clip highlights from the stream and share them with other platforms. Clipping good gameplay can help the channel get more viewers as well.
Here’s our guide about clipping videos on Twitch.
How to clip videos on Twitch
If you watched something amazing unfold during a stream that you want to share, you can take a quick clip of the video and publish it on the app. Clipping videos and sharing them with other users and social media platforms can help the channel gain more viewers and subscribers when they get traction.
You can clip a stream whether you’re using Twitch on your phone or computer. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
On the Twitch web app:
- Head to the stream where you want to clip a video.
- Hover your mouse pointer to the stream and select the clip icon on the bottom right part of the video feed to open the clip creation page.
- Select the segment that you want to include in your clip by adjusting the sliders below the video.
- Add a title and hit the Publish button.
- After the app finishes publishing your clip, you can go ahead and share it with your friends or on social media platforms.
On the right side of the published clip, you’ll see the creator, title, and the number of views the video currently has. You can share it using the link below the video or post the clip directly to your social media accounts.
Please note that Twitch publishes your clips even if you didn’t click the Publish button. If you wish to cancel, you’ll need to find and delete the specific clip.
On the Twitch mobile app for Android:
- Go to the stream that where you want to clip a video.
- Tap the video feed and select the clip icon on the bottom right of the stream.
- Wait for the app to generate the clip for you and share the video where you like.
Unfortunately, the Twitch mobile app generates clips for you automatically. You can’t adjust the sliders to select the specific point in the stream that you want to save.
Alternatively, you can clip videos from pasts VODs on a channel. You can find and record amazing gameplay and clip them to share the video to your social media accounts.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to clip in Twitch, you can save highlights of other people’s streams. In this way, you can help them record their own amazing gameplay from time to time.
By default, clip generation is available on all channels on Twitch. However, the streamer can turn it off whenever they want.
That’s it! For more tutorials, visit our page regularly, and read our latest posts and updates.