How To Change Your Skype Profile Picture
Last Updated: January 9, 2021
Do you need to update your old picture on Skype? Or do you want to use a photo where you are easily recognizable? How about adding a new one for the first time? In any case, we’re here to help you. Follow our quick guide below to learn how to change your profile picture on Skype.
Like most messaging apps out there, Skype offers various features that allow you to personalize your account. You have the option to edit your profile, including your name and the picture you display.
By adding a profile picture on Skype, you get to customize how people see you on their contacts or from your messages. Aside from that, it’s also useful for business or work-related chats since a decent picture can affect people’s first impression of you.
If you’re new to the platform and are unfamiliar with its customization features, don’t worry, we’re here to help you. Here’s a quick guide to help you update your profile photo on Skype. Whether you’re on your computer or Android, we got you covered.
How to update your profile picture on Skype
For those who want to change how other people see them on Skype, you can change your picture you display on your profile. You can use any photo if it’s a selfie, a character from a show, it’s all up to you. However, you might want to use one where you are recognizable so that your people know that it’s you.
If you’re using the Skype desktop or web app, you can either choose to remove your current photo or upload a new one to your profile. As for mobile users, you have the option to take and picture using your camera instead of uploading one.
If you’re new to Skype, follow our quick step-by-step tutorial below to learn how to update your profile picture from your computer or Android device.
On your computer:
- Open the Skype desktop or web app and sign-in to your account.
- At the top left corner of the app, click your profile picture.
- Click your profile picture from the options and choose a photo to upload from your device. Once you find the right file, double-click it to use it as your new profile photo.
- Alternatively, you can go to your Skype profile and click your picture to upload a new photo, view or remove the current one.
If you choose to remove the existing picture, you must confirm your decision before Skype updates your profile. Take note that you might not be able to recover the picture once you do so.
- Open the Skype app on your device and sign-in to your account.
- On the top left corner of your screen, tap the three horizontal lines to open the menu.
- Tap “My Profile.” Alternatively, you can tap your picture to access your profile.
- On your profile page, tap the camera icon beside your picture. Make sure to accept the permissions requested by Skype to access your storage and camera.
- Choose whether to take a photo using your camera or select one from your gallery. You can also opt to delete your current profile picture by selecting “Remove.”
- After choosing a photo to use on your profile, tap the checkmark at the top right corner of your screen to save the changes.
After saving your new picture on Skype, everyone that checks your profile or views your info from their account can see your new photo. If you’re not satisfied with the changes, you can always update and use a new picture to display.
To wrap it all up
By adding or updating your profile picture on Skype, you get to change how other people see you on the platform. A decent photo can help your employers and friends find you on the search results. It can also hide your identity if you choose to.
Whether you’re using the Skype Android, desktop, or web app, you can change your picture by heading to your profile. You can choose whether to upload a new photo or remove the current one from your profile. In addition, mobile users can take a picture using their device’s camera.
That’s all from our guide about updating your profile picture on Skype. We hope that it helped you change how other people see you on the platform.
For the latest guides, tips, and tricks, visit us regularly for our daily updates. While you’re at it, bookmark our page so that you don’t forget.