How To Change Your Reaction Picker In Skype
Last Updated: August 11, 2021
Are you thinking of using your favorite emoji when reacting to a message you receive on Skype? Or do you want to access and use your favorite reactions on the app? Thankfully, you can customize your message reaction picker on Skype. Follow our guide below to learn how.
Skype has a feature that allows its users to react to messages they receive with emojis. To use the reactions, all you have to do is click the smiley icon beside the message and select the one you want to use.
If you can’t find your favorite emoji among the available ones on the picker, you have the option to customize the selection. As such, you can remove the reactions you don’t usually use and add the ones you do.
With that in mind, here’s a quick guide on how to customize your reactions picker in Skype.
How to customize your message reactions in Skype
If you have a few emojis that you prefer to react to messages you receive on Skype, you can choose to customize your reaction picker. In this way, you don’t need to browse the selections from the app and use the one you need immediately.
You can customize your message reactions on Skype whether you’re using the app on your computer or mobile device. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your computer:
- Launch the Skype desktop app or visit their web client and sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Open one of your group or individual chats by selecting a conversation on the left side of your screen.
- Click the smiley icon beside one of the messages you received and select the Edit icon.
- Click the minus icon on the emojis you want to remove from the reaction list and click the plus icon on the ones you want to add.
- Once you finish updating the reactions you want to use, click the Done button to save and apply the changes.
By customizing your reaction picker, you get to access your favorite emojis whenever you need them. In this way, you can react to messages you receive from your group or individual chats much faster.
Always remember that you can add up to 60 emojis to the reaction picker. With this much room, I’m sure that adding your favorite ones isn’t a problem.
On your mobile device:
- Launch the Skype app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Open one of your group or private chats.
- Tap the smiley icon beside one of the messages you received and select the Edit icon on the reaction picker.
- Tap the plus icon on the emojis you want to add and select the minus icon to remove one.
- After finalizing your message reactions, tap Done at the bottom of your screen to save the changes.
After updating your reactions, you can go ahead and use your favorite emojis to react to messages you receive from your friends and contacts on the app.
Please note that you only have one reaction picker for all your chats on Skype. As such, you might want to add every emoji you frequently use to the reactions list when you customize it.
To wrap things up
With the help of customizable message reactions, you get to access and use your favorite emojis on Skype much faster. In this way, you don’t have to go to the trouble of browsing through hundreds of emoji selections.
That’s everything we have on our guide about customizing your reactions on Skype. For more tips, tricks, and tutorials from us, visit our site regularly and read our daily posts or updates.