How To Change Your Profile Picture On Signal
Last Updated: December 10, 2021
Do you want to update your icon on Signal? Do you want to upload a selfie, another photo, or choose from one of the available avatars on the app? In any case, we’re here to offer our help. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to change your profile photo on Signal.
Signal, like most messaging apps out there, allows its users to edit and customize their profile on the app. In this way, their friends can recognize and find your profile much faster.
Aside from updating your name and information on the app, you can also upload or change your profile photo whenever you want. Whether you uploaded an image the first time you created your account or not, you can update your profile picture.
Here’s our guide about updating your profile photo on Signal.
How to edit your profile picture on Signal
If you want to change how other people see your icon on Signal, you can change it whenever you want. You can choose a photo from your gallery, take one using your camera, or select from one of the default icons.
You can edit your profile picture whether you’re phone or computer. Follow our quick tutorials below to learn how.
On your phone:
- Launch the Signal desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile icon on the top left corner of the chats list.
- On the Settings page, tap your name or current icon to manage your profile.
- Below your profile picture, tap the “Edit photo” option.
- Choose whether to take a photo using your camera, upload one from your gallery, edit the icon text, or select from pre-uploaded avatars on the app.
- Tap the Save option on the bottom right corner to confirm your decision.
That’s how you edit your profile photo on the Signal app for Android. If you ever change your mind, you can always remove your profile picture or use another one.
Changes to your profile are visible to all of your contacts, new conversations, and groups on Signal. Your profile also has end-to-end encryption, so you don’t have to worry much about the safety of your data.
On your desktop:
- Open the Signal app and connect to your account.
- Click your profile icon on the top left side of the chats list and tap your name on the menu.
- Click your current profile photo to edit it.
- Choose an existing photo from your device, edit the text, or select an avatar to use as your profile picture. You can also use the camera to take a new picture if you have one on your device.
- Click the Save option on the bottom right to confirm your decision.
Changes you make to your profile reflect on all the app instances of Signal. After updating your profile picture, everyone on your contacts will see the changes when they check your profile or chat.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to change your profile photo on Signal, you can go ahead and make some updates to your profile. Like we mentioned earlier, you can upload a new photo, take one using your camera, or select an avatar from the app.
That’s everything we have on us! If you want more tips and tutorials from us, you can check our latest posts and updates.