How To Change Your Profile Picture In Zoom
Last Updated: May 21, 2021
Do you want other people to recognize you in your Zoom meetings even without using your camera? If so, you might want to add a profile picture to your account. In this way, other users can easily know that you’re the one talking at the video conference. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to change your profile picture in Zoom.
Zoom is one of the best popular video-conferencing apps where you can host and attend meetings online. It allows the participants to meet other people virtually with their camera.
Although that’s the case, you can still use Zoom without using their video feed. You can choose to upload a profile picture and attend meetings by only using audio.
When you add a photo to your Zoom profile, other participants will see it instead of your initials. As such, it makes it easier for them to recognize you when you’re currently speaking.
With that in mind, we have here a quick guide on how to change your profile picture in Zoom. Whether you’re using the desktop or mobile app, don’t worry, we got you.
How to update your Zoom profile picture
If you want others to recognize you in your Zoom meetings even without using the camera, you can choose to add a profile picture to your account. By doing so, the other participants get to see your photo instead of your initials when you disable your video feed.
You can change your profile picture in Zoom whether you’re using their mobile or desktop app. Follow our quick tutorials below to learn how to do It from both versions.
On the desktop app:
- Click the gear icon on the upper-right side of your screen to open your Settings. Alternatively, you can click on your profile icon and select Settings on the menu.
- Go to the Profile tab.
- Click your profile icon to add a photo or change your current one.
- Select Change Picture and choose an image from your device.
- Make some adjustments with the photo and click Save to apply your new profile picture.
That’s how you change your profile picture on the Zoom desktop app. You can also do it from the web portal by navigating to your Profile page.
On the mobile app:
- After signing in, tap the Settings icon on the bottom right part of your screen.
- Tap your account details to open your Profile page.
- Tap “Profile Photo” to add a new image to your account.
- You can choose whether to take a new picture using your camera or upload one from your storage.
- After choosing an image you want to use, make some adjustments to it, and tap Save on the upper-left side of your screen to apply the changes.
Always remember that you can change your profile picture any time you want. If you don’t like your new one, you can always repeat the steps above and use another photo.
As for those using their Google account to sign, Zoom automatically loads your current profile picture when you sign in. As such, you can add a photo to your Google account to apply the changes to Zoom as well.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to add a profile picture in Zoom, you can now make your meetings more personal without using the video option.
Although the app doesn’t require you to have one, it can help in situations where you would want to disable your camera.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly for our latest posts and updates.