How To Change Your Profile Picture In Gmail
Last Updated: May 20, 2021
Do you want to change how other people see you in Gmail and other Google services? Do you want to update your profile photo to do so? If that’s the case, we have here a guide to help you. We’ll show you how to change your profile picture in Gmail.
Whenever someone opens an email from you, they’ll see your profile icon alongside your email address. As such, it’s a good idea to add a decent photo to your profile so that people can recognize your account.
Your profile picture in Gmail can also affect other people’s first impression of you when they receive your email for the first time.
With that in mind, here’s our guide on how to update your photo on Gmail and other Google services. Whether you’re using the mobile or web app, we have a step-by-step tutorial for you.
How to update your Gmail account’s profile picture
If you want your friends to recognize you with your new Gmail account, you can add a profile picture to it. In this way, they can see and know that you’re using a new email address.
Since Gmail is one of the services offered by Google, changing the profile picture of your Google account also affects the photo on your email address. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below to learn how.
On your computer:
- Using your preferred web browser, visit Gmail and sign in to your account.
- Click your profile icon on the upper-right corner of your screen and select “Manage your Google Account” once the menu appears.
- On the navigation bar, click Personal Info.
- Click the Photo section to add a profile picture or change the existing one.
- Choose whether to upload a photo from your device or select from the ones on your account.
- Crop the photo, make some adjustments, and click “Set as profile photo” to save the changes.
On your mobile device:
- Open the Gmail app from your home screen or app drawer, and make sure to sign in with your account.
- Tap your icon on the upper-right corner and select the “Manage your Google Account” option on the window that appears on your screen.
- Once your Google account settings appear, head to the Personal Info tab.
- Tap the Photo section and set your profile picture.
- Choose whether to take a photo using the camera or upload one from your device.
- Make adjustments to the image and tap Accept to set it as your profile photo.
That’s how you change your profile picture in Gmail. Please note that this photo is visible to everyone across other services of Google.
Always remember that you can change your profile picture any time you want. You might want to use a decent photo for your Gmail since someone will see it when they check your email in their inbox.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to change or add a photo to your Google account, you can go ahead and customize it any time you want. By doing so, you get to change how other people see you on your emails and profile.
You can change your profile picture by uploading one from your device or choosing from your online photos. In addition to that, mobile users can also use their cameras to take pictures and add them to their accounts.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our site regularly and check our latest posts and updates.