How To Change Your Plan On Netflix
Last Updated: May 30, 2022
Do you need another Netflix plan for your account? Do you want an upgrade to a better plan or a downgrade to a cheaper one? In any case, you can update your subscription plan whenever you want. Check our step-by-step guide below to learn how.
Netflix offers several subscription plans to suit the budget and tastes of its users. People can use the mobile plan if they’re only using their phone to watch or their premium one to get HD quality and multiple streaming in one account.
Once you subscribe to a plan, you have the option to change it whenever you want. If you feel like you need better features, you can subscribe to a higher plan without any hassle.
Here’s our guide about updating your subscription on Netflix.
How to change your subscription plan on Netflix
If you want to upgrade or downgrade your subscription to Netflix, you can change your plan on the app. Upgrading to a higher plan takes effect immediately, but your billing date changes depending on your remaining balance.
You can change your Netflix plan whether you’re on your phone or computer. Follow our tutorials below and we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On your phone:
- Launch Netflix on your device and sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile icon on the top right corner of the app.
- Select the “Account” option on the profile page.
- Tap the “Change plan” option on the Plan Details section.
- Select the new subscription plan you want to use and tap Continue near the bottom of the page.
- Tap “Continue Change” to confirm your decision.
If you downgrade your plan, you can continue using the features of the higher plan until your next billing date comes. On the other hand, upgrading your plan allows you to enjoy the new features immediately.
On your computer:
- Visit Netflix on your browser and sign in to your account.
- Open one of your profiles, click your avatar on the top right, and select “Account” from the menu.
- Click the Change plan option on the Plan Details section.
- Choose the plan that you want to use and click the Continue button at the bottom.
- Click the Confirm change option to apply the changes to your account.
If you ever change your mind, you can always choose another plan for your account. If you don’t want to use Netflix anymore, you can cancel your subscription any time you want.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to change your plan on Netflix, you can choose the one that suits your needs and budget. Always remember that you can always update your subscription or cancel it whenever you want.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and browse our latest posts and updates.