How To Change Your Phone Number In GroupMe
Last Updated: August 29, 2022
Do you want to connect a different number to your GroupMe account? Or did you suddenly change the phone number that you’re mainly using? In any case, you can update the phone number on your GroupMe profile. Check our quick guide below, and we’ll show you all the steps you should know to update your number on the app.
When you create an account on GroupMe, you’ll need to add and verify your phone number to use the app. You’ll receive verification codes through your number, and you can also allow the app to send you messages through SMS.
As time passes by, you might opt to change the main phone number you’re using on your device. When that happens, you can update your GroupMe account and change the number connected to it.
Here’s our guide about changing your phone number on GroupMe.
How to update your phone number in GroupMe
If you’re currently using a new phone number on your device, you can update the one associated with your GroupMe account. In this way, you’ll receive all the verification codes you need on the app through your new number.
You can change your number on GroupMe whether you’re on your phone or computer. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll teach you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Launch the GroupMe mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Tap the Profile icon on the bottom right corner of the app.
- Tap the Edit profile button on under your account details.
- Tap the pencil button on the page and select the Edit icon beside your phone number.
- Type your new phone number on the pop-up window and tap the Send PIN option. Make sure to type your number in the full international format.
- Type the verification code and tap the check mark on the top right corner to confirm your decision.
Please don’t forget to verify your new phone number by entering the code you’ll receive through SMS. If you exit before doing this, you won’t update the number connected to your account.
On your computer:
- Launch the GroupMe Windows app and sign in to your account.
- Click your account’s icon on the sidebar to visit your profile.
- Click the Edit icon (pencil) on the top right corner of the Profile tab.
- Click the “Change your Phone Number” option above your current number and click the Change Number button on the page that follows.
- Enter your phone number and click the “Send PIN” button.
- Enter the verification code and click Verify to confirm your decision.
That’s how you change your phone number from the GroupMe Windows app. If you ever change your mind, you can always update your number and verify it whenever you want.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to change your phone number on GroupMe, you can choose to update the one connected to your account. In this way, you’ll get all your verification codes and messages (when you enable SMS delivery) on your new number.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.