How To Change Your Password On Netflix
Last Updated: June 2, 2022
Is someone using your Netflix account without your permission? Do you want to change your sign-in credentials to protect your account? If so, you can change your password to improve the security of your account. Follow our step-by-step guide below to learn how.
Netflix users a password feature to protect accounts from unauthorized users. However, we understand that there might be situations when you or someone within your home leaks your credentials by accident.
When someone uses your account without your permission, you can update your security information on the app to protect your account. You can use a new and stronger password to prevent other people from using your account to watch movies and shows on the app.
Here’s our guide about changing your password on Netflix.
How to update your Netflix password
If you think that someone unauthorized is using your Netflix account, you can change the password on your account. In this way, you can ensure that you’re the only one using your account and profiles.
You can change your password on the Netflix app, whether you’re using the app on your phone or computer. Check our quick tutorials below, and we’ll show you how.
On your phone:
- Launch Netflix on your device, sign in to your account, and open one of your profiles.
- Tap your profile avatar on the top right corner of the app.
- Open your Account Settings.
- Tap the Change password option under the Membership & Billing section.
- Type your current password and enter your new one in the appropriate fields.
- Tap “Save” to confirm your decision.
Before changing your password, make sure to check the box that requires you to sign in again on your devices. In this way, anyone that have previous access to your account can no longer use it without your new password.
On your computer:
- Visit Netflix on your browser, sign in to your account, and open one of your profiles.
- Click your avatar on the top right corner and select “Account” from the menu.
- Click the Change password option on the right side of your Account page.
- Enter your current password and type your new one in the empty fields.
- Click Save on the bottom right to confirm your decision.
That’s how you update your password on Netflix. You can change your password multiple times whenever you want.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to change your password on Netflix, you can use a stronger password to protect your account. Make sure to remind people in your household that use your account to not share your sign-in credentials in the future.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently and read our latest posts and updates.