How To Change Your Password In Zoom
Last Updated: May 19, 2021
Are you worried about the security of your Zoom account? Do you think that someone got ahold of your credentials on the platform? If that’s the case, you might want to change and update your password. With that in mind, we created a quick guide to help you. We’ll show you how to change your password on Zoom whether you’re using the web or mobile app.
Passwords add a layer of protection to your account so that only the user can access it. It can help verify your identity and keep unauthorized people from opening and using your account.
Although that’s the case, passwords can get compromised and leaked to other people. When that happens, they can easily access your account and use it whenever they want.
Thankfully, you can always update your Zoom password on your Profile Settings. By doing so every once in a while, you get to protect your account even further.
Although changing your password is a pretty easy thing to do, we understand that some people are having some trouble navigating through Zoom’s features and Settings. As such, we created a guide below to help you learn how to update your credentials.
How to change your Zoom password
If you think that your password on Zoom isn’t secure, you can choose to change it on your Settings. In this way, you can keep your account safe from unauthorized people.
You can change your Zoom password through their web portal or mobile app. Follow our step-by-step tutorial below to learn how.
- Using your preferred web browser, visit the Zoom web portal and sign in to your account.
- On the navigation bar, click Profile under the Personal section.
- Scroll down and edit your sign-in password.
- Enter your old password, add and confirm your new one, and click Save Changes to apply.
Always remember that there are requirements when choosing a new password. It needs to have at least eight characters, one letter, a number, and both lowercase and uppercase characters.
On the mobile app:
- After signing in to the Zoom mobile app, tap Settings on the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Open your Profile page by tapping on your account details.
- Tap Update password.
- Verify your old password, add and confirm your new one, and tap Save on the upper-right corner of your screen.
That’s how you edit the password for your Zoom account. Always remember that there’s no limit to how many times you can change your password. If you feel like it, you can update it every once in a while to keep your account safe.
How to add a password to your Zoom account
If you’re using your Google or Facebook account to sign in, you don’t need a password to access your account. However, you can always add a password to it if you want to.
Here’s how to add a password to your Zoom account:
- Using your preferred web browser, visit Zoom’s sign-up page.
- If prompted, confirm your date of birth and click Continue.
- Enter your Google or Facebook email address on the empty field and click Sign up.
- Check your inbox for the email from Zoom and activate your account.
- Add your desired password and confirm it.
- Once you finish filling up the name and password for your account, scroll down and click Continue.
That’s how you add a password to your Zoom account. After doing so, you can use it alongside your email address to access your account instead of signing in through Google or Facebook.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to change your password in Zoom, you can go ahead and update it anytime you want. Just make sure to use a strong password you can remember to access your account without any trouble.
That’s everything we have on our guide about updating your password on Zoom. For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our homepage regularly, and check our latest posts and updates.