How To Change Your Password In Discord
Last Updated: October 25, 2021
Do you think that someone is using your Discord account without your permission? Or do you want to change your old password to a new and more secure one? In any case, we have here a guide for you. We’ll show you how to change your account settings on Discord to update your password. Whether you’re using the app on your desktop or mobile device, we got you covered.
Discord requires you to enter your password whenever signing in to a new device. Like most apps out there, your password protects your account while helping the app confirm your identity.
If you think that someone got ahold of your sign-in credentials on Discord and uses your account without your permission, you can opt to update your password on the app. When you do, the app signs you out of all your sessions on other devices automatically.
With that in mind, here’s our guide on how to change your Discord password.
How to update your Discord password
If you want to make sure that your Discord account is secure from time to time, you might want to update your password every now and then. In this way, you can be sure that your account is safe from unauthorized users.
You can update your Discord password whether you’re using the app on your phone or computer. In our step-by-step tutorials below, we’ll cover everything you need to know about doing so.
On your computer:
- Open the Discord desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Click the gear icon on the bottom left of the app to open your User Settings.
- Head to the My Account tab.
- Scroll down to the Password and Authentication section and click “Change Password.”
- Enter your current and new password on the empty fields. Click “Done” to confirm your decision.
After changing your password, you’ll need to use it whenever you want to sign in to your account. If you ever change your mind, you can always update your password whenever you want.
If you can’t remember your password, click the “Forgot your password” option on the sign-in page. You’ll receive the link and instructions to reset your password through your email account, so check your inbox after sending the request.
On the Discord mobile app:
- After signing in to the mobile app, tap the hamburger icon on the top left corner of your current channel.
- Once the menu/sidebar appears on your screen, tap your profile avatar on the bottom right.
- Under User Settings, tap “My Account.”
- Under Account Information, tap “Change Password.”
- Enter your current and new password on the empty fields and tap the Save icon on the bottom right corner of the app.
Updating your Discord password logs your account out of all sessions besides your current device automatically. You’ll need to log in to your other devices manually to receive notifications from mentions and announcements from your servers.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to change your password on Discord, you can use update your old password to a more secure one.
We recommend that you change your password from time to time to make sure that no one else can access your account. Also, don’t give out your sign-in credentials to other users you meet on the app for safety.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our site regularly, and browse our daily posts and updates.