How To Change Your Name In Zoom
Last Updated: May 18, 2021
Do you want to change how other people see your name on Zoom? Do you want to hide your full name and use your nickname instead? If that’s the case, we’re here to offer our help. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to change your display name on Zoom. Whether you’re using the mobile, web, or desktop app, there’s no need to worry since we got you covered.
In all the virtual conferences you attend in Zoom, your display name is visible to the other participants. In this way, other people can get your attention during the meeting.
If you don’t want to show them your full name, you can change your display name on Zoom. With this feature, you get to choose which name to share with other people. Whether you prefer to use an alias or a nickname, it’s all up to you.
With that in mind, we created a guide to help you. We’ll show you how to navigate to your Settings to edit your name.
How to change your display name on Zoom
If you want to edit your name on your Zoom account, you can do so on your Profile page. With this feature, you can change your name for your meetings on the platform.
You can change your profile name on Zoom from their web, desktop, or mobile app. Whichever you’re using, we have here a step-by-step tutorial to help you.
On the desktop app:
- On the upper-right corner of your screen, click the gear icon to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can click your profile icon and select Settings on the menu.
- Once the Settings appear, go to the Profile tab and click “Edit My Profile” (this opens the page on your web browser).
- At the upper-right corner of the Profile page, click Edit.
- On the text field under “Display Name,” enter the name you want to show to other people on Zoom.
- Scroll down and click Save Changes.
On the web app:
As for those using the Zoom web app, the steps of changing your name are similar to the desktop version. But instead of opening the app on your computer, you can directly sign in to the web app.
- After signing in to the Zoom web app, head to the My Account page.
- Under the Personal section on the navigation bar, click Profile.
- Click the Edit option on the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Enter your new display name on the appropriate field and save the changes.
On the mobile app:
- After signing in to the mobile app, tap Settings at the bottom part of your screen.
- From the Settings page, open your Profile page.
- Tap “Display name” to change it.
- Enter your desired name and tap “OK” to save the changes.
That’s how you edit your display name on Zoom. If you ever change your mind, you can always head to your Profile page to revert the changes.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to change your display name on Zoom, you can now use your nickname or alias on your meetings. As such, you can hide your full name from other people you meet on the platform.
That’s all from us! If you want more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly, and see our latest posts and updates.