How To Change Your Name In Among Us
Last Updated: November 13, 2020
Need to change your name in Among Us? Your name in Among Us is probably just as important as the color you choose. Sometimes, it might mean the difference between getting away with being Impostor – or being voted out despite being a Crewmate.
To change your name in Among Us, all you have to do is go to the game selection screen, type in your desired username on the text box, and go into any game you wish with your new name!
How to Change Your Name in Among Us
It’s very easy to change your name in Among Us, and won’t take more than a few seconds. This guide will work for Among Us on all platforms: PC, Android, iOS. For the purpose of this tutorial, we will be using the Steam PC version.
Open up Among Us.
Click “Online.” This will bring you to the game selection screen.
On the top of the screen, type in the name you wish to use.
Enjoy a game with your “friends” with your new name. But always remember: don’t trust anyone!
As you can see, changing your name is very easy in Among Us. Use it wisely – some names are less suspicious than most!
The Safest Names in Among Us
A rose by any other name can smell just as sweet – but some names smell better than others. And since Among Us is a game about messing with other players’ heads, choosing a low-key, safe name can protect you from suspicion, or get you that sweet Impostor victory.
With that said, here are the safest names in Among Us:
- A color: naming yourself one of the colors in the game is cute, but take it up a notch by using the name of colors other than your own. If you’re red, name yourself Blue. If you’re cyan, name yourself Pink. This will confuse things during negotiation!
- “Blank”: Sometimes, not having a name is a good play. Copy and paste ” ” before you run the game. When editing your name, paste it from your clipboard. This is a fun way to mess with players, and can even keep you hidden behind proper cover.
- “Crewmate” or “Imposter”: Another great way to mess with people. Naming yourself “Crewmate” or “Imposter” can create confusion on your innocence, or your guilt.
- The “Who”: What’s the first thing people say when they find a dead Crewmate? “Who?” That’s right – naming yourself “Who” is a great way to shake up conversations, confuse negotiations, and possibly help you get away with murder.
- Your Friends’ Names: Are you playing Among Us with your IRL friends? Use their names. It’s an easy and foolproof way to confuse your opponents!
- Use trustworthy names: And we mean this in the most literal of terms: naming yourself “Honest Abe” or “Reliable Bob” can invoke trust among your crewmates. It’s the simple things, really.
These are all clever naming strategies that you can use to shake things up in Among Us. Some may see these tactics as tricky and toxic, but that’s the nature of the game. Every single advantage should be considered and used when the point of the game is to lie harder than everyone else!
How to Get a Blank Name in Among Us
There used to be a way to get a blank name in Among Us, but Innersloth has patched and disabled the ability to do so. The developers likely patched it because of the unfair advantage it gives players. As names are displayed above the player’s avatars, those with blank spaces for names won’t have letters above their heads. This lets them hide behind cover, such as the walls in Electrical or behind the engines. You can imagine the sneaky plays smart impostors used to do!
Changing your name in Among Us is probably the easiest thing to do in the game. With a good name, your strategies can work better and even give you an edge in negotiations. Through clever wordplay, smart excuses, and good map knowledge, you can pull of plays you never thought impossible. Having the perfect name to do it is only icing on the cake – the cake itself? Using that big brain of yours.
Good luck on all your future matches. May you never be voted out, your Admin card swipes accepted on the first try, and never be discovered coming out of the vent!