How To Change Your Email On Netflix
Last Updated: June 2, 2022
Do you have a new email address that you want to use on Netflix? Or do you simply want to change your account information on the app? In any case, you can update the email address associated with your account. Follow our quick guide below to learn how.
When you create an account on Netflix, you’ll need an active email address to continue. You’ll need the email address to recover your password and get confirmation codes whenever you want to update your account information.
You can only connect one email address to each Netflix account, but you can update it whenever you want. Here’s a quick guide to help you change your email address on Netflix.
How to update your email address on Netflix
If you have a new email address that you primarily use, you can update the one connected to your Netflix account. In this way, you’ll receive all your email notifications and account recovery methods at your new address.
You can update your email whether you’re using the Netflix app on your desktop or mobile device. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you the steps to do so.
On your phone:
- Open Netflix from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile avatar on the top right corner of the app.
- Select the Account option on your profile page.
- Tap the Change email option below your account details.
- Confirm your identity by sending a verification code through email or SMS.
- Enter the code you received and tap Continue.
- Enter your new email address and select “Save” to apply the changes.
After saving your new email, you’ll receive a confirmation message in your inbox about your decision. If you ever change your mind, you can update your account information any time you want.
On your computer:
- Visit Netflix on your browser and sign in to your account.
- Open your main profile, click your avatar on the top right, and select “Account” from the menu.
- Click the Change email option on your Account page.
- Send the verification code through email or SMS to confirm your identity. Enter the verification code and click Continue.
- Type the new email address that you want to use and click Save to apply the changes.
If you’re changing your email address to protect your account, we recommend that you change your password as well. In this way, you can make sure that you’re the only one who can use it to view movies and shows on the app.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to change your email on Netflix, you can update your account information and keep it up to date. Make sure to keep your email address active since you’ll need it when you lose your password in the future.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.