How To Change Your Email In Asana
Last Updated: July 7, 2021
Do you want to use another email as your login credentials in Asana? Or do you want to replace an inactive email address with the one you’re currently using? Either way, we’re here to offer our help. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to add and remove email addresses on your Asana account.
If the email you’re using to sign in to your Asana account is outdated or inactive, you can choose to change it to your current one. In this way, you can still receive notifications from the app through your new email address. Also, you won’t have any trouble recovering your account if you ever lose access to it in the future.
Although you can change your email in Asana, the process of doing it isn’t that simple. You first need to add your new address to your account and remove the old one afterward.
If you’re having trouble finding the option to add and remove email addresses to your Asana account, don’t worry, we got you covered. All you have to do is follow and read our quick guides below.
How to add an email address to your Asana account
Before you can change your email in Asana, you must first add a new address to your account. After doing so, you can remove the one you’re previously using as your login credentials.
You can add an email address to your account on the Asana desktop or web app. Since these versions have similar interfaces, our step-by-step tutorial can help you do it from both apps.
- Launch the Asana desktop app or visit their web client and sign in to your account.
- Click your icon on the upper-right side of your screen and select “My Profile Settings” on the menu.
- Head to the Notifications tab.
- Under the Email notifications section, click “Add New Email.”
- Enter your new email address, Asana account password, and click the blue “Send Verification Email” button.
- Check your inbox and verify your account by clicking the link provided in the email from Asana.
That’s how you add a new email to your Asana account. You can use this new address when creating tasks, sending messages, handling email notifications, and signing in to the app.
Unfortunately, you can’t add email addresses on the Asana mobile app. You’ll need to sign in to their web or desktop app to do so.
How to remove an email address on Asana
After adding your new email address to Asana, you can remove your old one from the app. In this way, you can remove inactive email addresses associated with your account.
You can remove email addresses on the Asana desktop and web app. Follow our quick tutorial below to learn how.
- Open the Asana desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Select your icon on the upper-right side of your screen and click “My Profile Settings” on the menu that appears.
- Head to the Notifications tab.
- Scroll down to the Email notification section and click “Remove Email.”
- Type the email address you want to remove from your account and click the blue “Remove Email” button.
That’s how you remove an email from your Asana account. If you ever change your mind, you can always add the address back whenever you want.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to add and remove email addresses on your Asana account, you can go ahead and change your login credentials on the app. After changing your email, you’ll receive all the notifications from Asana on the new address associated with your account.
With the help of these two features, you don’t need to deactivate your account on Asana and start a new one from scratch. You can change your primary email address without losing any of your data on the app.
That’s all from us! If you want to read more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly and view our latest posts and updates.