How To Change Your Email Address On Instagram
Last Updated: March 23, 2022
Did you lose the email address you used to sign up on Instagram? Do you want to change the email address associated with your account? If so, you can update your personal information from the Instagram mobile or web app. Check our post below, and we’ll guide you through the steps you need to know.
When you sign up on Instagram, you’ll need to add a corresponding email address for your account. In this way, you can receive notifications and recovery methods in case you need them in the future.
However, we understand that there might be situations where you want to change the email address associated with your account. Whether you lost access to your old email or you have a new one, you can update your personal information on Instagram.
Here’s our guide about changing your email address on Instagram.
How to update your email address on Instagram
If you want to receive emails from your Instagram account at another address, you can update your personal information on the app. After changing your email address, you’ll receive all the notifications, recovery codes, and other stuff in your new inbox.
You can change your email address on Instagram whether you’re using their mobile or web app. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Open Instagram and tap your icon on the bottom right corner of the app.
- Tap the three lines on the top right corner of the profile page.
- Once the menu appears, select the Settings option.
- Open your Account settings and go to your Personal Information page.
- Head to your Account Status options.
- Tap the email address field, enter your new email address, and tap the check icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Check your inbox and click the link on the email from Instagram to confirm your decision.
That’s how you update your email address on Instagram. You can update your email on the app even though you don’t have access to your old address.
On the Instagram web app:
- After signing in to your account, click your profile icon on the top right corner and select “Settings” on the menu.
- Head to the “Edit profile” tab.
- Scroll down, add your new email address on the Email section, and click Submit to save the changes.
- Confirm your new email address by clicking the link you received through email.
Please note that you can use the same email address for multiple accounts on Instagram. As such, you can use one address to handle all your different accounts on the app.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to update your personal information on Instagram, you can change the email address associated with your account. Make sure to click the confirmation link that you’ll receive in your new email to confirm your decision.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.