How To Change Your Email Address In Discord
Last Updated: October 6, 2021
Do you want to change one of your sign-in credentials on Discord? Or do you have a new email address that you primarily use? In any case, you can always update the email associated with your Discord account. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to do so from your phone or desktop.
When you try to sign in to Discord on a new device, you can use your username or the email address associated with your account. In this way, you can use the one you remember most whenever you want to use the app on a new session.
Your email address in Discord is the one used if you ever forget your password on the app. You’ll also receive all kinds of notifications and important messages through that account.
With that in mind, you can update your email address on the app if you ever need to. As such, there’s no need to create a new account on Discord if you have a new primary email.
Here’s our quick guide on how to change your email on Discord.
How to update your email address in Discord
If you have a new email address, you can update your account details on Discord to link to it. In this way, you’ll receive all notifications and important updates on your new inbox.
You can change your email address on Discord whether you’re on your phone or computer. Follow our quick tutorials below, and we’ll show you the steps of updating your account details.
On your computer:
- Open the Discord app (web or desktop) and sign in to your account.
- Click the gear icon on the bottom left part of the screen.
- Under User Settings, head to “My Account.”
- Click the Edit button beside your email.
- Enter your new email address, current password on the empty fields and click “Done.”
After clicking done, check the inbox on your new email address. You’ll need to verify your email to receive notifications from Discord. After verifying your new email, you can continue using Discord and use your new credentials to sign in.
If you ever change your mind, you can always change your current email address and verify it whenever you want.
On your phone:
- Open the Discord app on your phone and sign in to your account.
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top left to open the menu and select your profile icon at the bottom right corner of the app.
- Under User Settings, tap “My Account.”
- Tap your current email to edit it.
- Enter your new email address and tap the Save icon at the bottom right corner of the app.
- Enter your current password and tap the Save icon again.
To complete the process of changing your email on Discord, check your inbox and verify your decision. If you didn’t receive the verification email, you have the option to resend it through the mobile app. You can also check if you used the correct address.
If you tried resending the verification email a couple of times and still can’t see the message in your inbox, check all your folders. It might be on your Junk, Spam, Social, or Promotion folder.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to change your email address on Discord, you can update the one associated with your account. In this way, you’ll receive notifications from the app on your new inbox.
That’s everything we have on us! For more Discord tips and tutorials, visit our site frequently, and browse our daily posts and updates.