How To Change Your Chromebook Profile Picture
Last Updated: July 18, 2020
A Chromebook is understood as something difficult as rocket science. But, on a deeper level, it is a laptop or tablet which runs in support of Linux based Chrome OS. This one is its operating system. If you need something to operate with multiple tasks, you need something like the Google Chrome browser. Most of its applications reside more in the cloud than on the machine itself. This gets its position across the globe at the top rank. You need to follow some instructions to change your profile picture on your Chromebook.
This is simple permutation and combination. Why would one require a profile picture? The answer is quite obvious. The purpose of a profile picture is to identify who the person is behind the user name and to whom the Chromebook belongs to. Take a pen and book to record these small points of changing your profile picture.
Steps to consider while changing the profile picture of your Chromebook
- In the lower right corner of your Chromebook, click on your picture. From there, hit the ‘settings’ option.
- Scroll downwards. Go down on the page until you find the ‘people’ label. Now, on finding the icon, click on it to change your profile picture.
- Following this, you have to tap on the camera option to take a new picture.
- To capture your image, you have to click on the green camera icon.
- Click ‘Done’ when you have taken the picture.
So, here you are ready to change the profile picture in just five simple steps. It is not possible to remember all the steps at once. So you can brief these lines in short forms. This will help you to complete the steps all at once.
Apart from changing the Chromebook profile picture, there are other things that you can place an alternation. So, pay a vivid look at all those stuff.
Steps to Set Up a Google Chromebook
It takes only a few minutes to set up your Chromebook. Setting the Chromebook first will allow you to update or perform other tasks also.
- To set up the Chromebook, you have to take the battery out of the packaging. Separate it from the plastic bag. If the battery is already installed, then you can skip this part at once.
- If not installed beforehand, insert it into the Chromebook.
- Now, plug the Chromebook into a power source.
- When the Chromebook is turned on for the first time, it will display for a screen to set up.
- You can do this by entering the language you prefer to run the screen with.
- Connect the Chromebook to the Wi-Fi network and enter the password.
- Click ‘accept’ to agree with the terms and conditions.
- You need to have a Google account to use the features of the Chromebook.
- Now, you can add a profile picture.
- Setting up the profile picture will take you enroute to the Chromebook’s various controls and options that you can tweak.
Step to update your Chromebook
- The right corner of the screen at the bottom consists of details like your email, the time and date, Wi-Fi, and the volume. You have to hit the ‘settings’ cog.
- Parallel to the settings, you will find three horizontal lines (≡) in the top left corner of the screen.
- Once you reach this page and trap the horizontal lines, you will be popped with “About Chrome OS.” This will appear at the bottom of the settings menu.
- On hitting the above point, you will be directed to ‘check for updates.’ This will provide you with the new version of the Chromebook.
- Click ‘restart to update.’ Reaching this point to update your Chromebook, it gets updated. And, primarily when you don’t get to see any of the updates that assert that there are no updates available for the Chromebook.
How to change your homepage on Chrome?
There are certain steps to change your homepage on chrome. You can take these steps to be your alma mater.
- Open the Google Chrome icon that gets displayed on your screen’s device.
- On the top-right corner, there are their dots. Tap on it, which will take you to a drop-down menu.
- Tap on the ‘settings’ menu from the tab mentioned above.
- Then, click on the ‘show home button.’
- Once directed to the home button, enter a URL. Closing the settings tab will make changes to your home page on Chromebook.
Here is the complete guide to making polymeric changes to your Chromebook. Now, you don’t have to move here and there for updating, changing your profile picture, or making changes to the home page.