How To Change Your “About Me” On Discord
Last Updated: September 14, 2021
Do you want to introduce yourself with a message when someone views your profile on Discord? Or do you want to add some links to your social media and streaming pages to your profile? Either way, you can there’s a way to do so on the app. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to update “About me” on your Discord mobile, web, or desktop app.
In a recent update earlier this year, Discord rolled out features that allow users to customize their profiles further. One of these features is the “About me” section on your profile, where you can briefly introduce yourself to other users.
Before the June update, only a few users have the option to access the “About me” feature on their accounts. Now, everyone can update their profile and change this section, whether they’re using Nitro or not.
With that in mind, here’s our quick guide about updating your profile and adding an “About me” section to your account.
How to edit the “About me” section on your Discord profile
If you want other people on Discord to know more about your preferences or hobbies, you can opt to add something to the “About me” section on your profile. Other users will see it under your name when they view your profile.
You can add an “About me” section whether you’re using Discord on your phone or computer. With that in mind, here are our tutorials with the steps on doing it on both devices.
On your computer:
- Open Discord (web or desktop app) and sign in to your account.
- Click the gear icon on the bottom left part of the screen to open your User Settings.
- Under the “My Account” section, click the Edit Profile button.
- Add a quick message on the “About me” section and click the Save Changes button to confirm your decision.
Aside from briefly introducing yourself and your interests in the “About me” section, you can also add links to your other pages. For example, you can add one that links directly to your stream on Twitch.
As you can only enter up to 190 characters into this section, you can only keep your introduction short. Although you can add emojis, Discord doesn’t support custom ones at the moment.
On your mobile device:
- Open your Discord app and make sure to sign in.
- Tap the three horizontal lines on the upper left corner or swipe left to open the menu.
- Tap your icon on the bottom right corner of the app.
- Under the User Settings section, tap “User Profile.”
- Change the “About me” section and add a short message.
- Tap the Save icon on the bottom right to apply the changes.
That’s how you update your “About me” section on the mobile app. All changes made to your Discord profile through the mobile, desktop, or web app reflects on all your devices.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to use the “About me” section on Discord, you can go ahead and add a quick message to your friends and other people on the app. You can also add links to your other social media pages and streams.
If you want more customization options, you can subscribe to Discord Nitro. It gives you options to access and update your profile banner with images or animated GIFs.
That’s all we have on our guide! For more tutorials, visit us regularly, and don’t forget to read our daily posts and updates.