How To Change Themes In Signal
Last Updated: May 5, 2021
Do you want to change how the Signal app looks on your device? Do you want to switch themes to a darker color? If so, we have here a guide for you. We’ll show you how to change the theme in Signal and switch it to Dark Mode. Whether you’re using the Android, iOS, or desktop app, we got you covered.
Signal Messaging is a secure app that offers end-to-end encryption on calls and messages sent through the platform. As such, people can use it without worrying about the privacy of their conversations.
Like most messaging apps out there, Signal allows you to change the theme of the app on your device. By default, the color is Light, but you can change it to a darker one.
With that in mind, we have a guide to help you switch your themes on the app. All you have to do is follow our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to change the appearance of your Signal app, whether you’re using the mobile or desktop version.
How to switch to Dark theme in Signal Messaging
Like most apps, the default color of your Signal app is Light. If you want a darker one, you can switch your themes and use the Dark option.
You can change the theme of Signal whether you’re using the desktop, Android, or iOS app. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below to learn how.
- Launch the Signal app on your device and sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile icon on the upper-left corner of the screen to access your Settings. Alternatively, you can open More options (three-dot icon) and select Settings from the menu.
- Access your Appearance options.
- Tap Theme to change its settings.
- Choose the Dark option.
That’s how you change your theme on the Signal app for Android. If you want to revert the changes to default, you can follow the steps above but select the Light option at the end.
As for those using the Signal app for iOS, the process of changing the theme is pretty much the same as the Android version. However, expect some differences in the interface between the two apps.
- Open the Signal app on your phone and sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile icon at the top of your screen to access your Settings.
- Go to Appearance > Themes.
- Pick the Dark option.
If you’re using Dark Mode on your phone, you can choose the System option on your theme settings.
On your computer:
You can also change the theme on the Signal desktop app. Check our tutorial below to learn how.
- Open the Signal desktop app and link your account.
- Click “File” on the upper-left corner of your screen and select Preferences on the menu. You can also press Ctrl + Comma on your keyboard as a shortcut.
- Under the Theme section, choose the Dark option.
That’s how you switch your theme on the Signal app. Aside from changing the primary color, you can also change the wallpaper for your chats.
Always remember that changing the theme only applies to the current app you’re using. You need to configure your settings for all your Signal apps if you want to use Dark Mode on all of them.
To sum it all up
You can find the option to change the theme of Signal by navigating to Settings > Appearance > Theme on the mobile app. As for those using the desktop version, you can find the option to do so on the Theme section of the Preference page.
Now that you know how to switch your theme in Signal, you can choose the one you like best for your account. In addition to that, you can choose to change the chat wallpaper to customize the app even further.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our homepage and check our latest posts and updates.