How To Change The Theme Of Your Group In GroupMe
Last Updated: August 26, 2022
Do you want to personalize one of your groups in GroupMe? Do you want to change the conversation banner and color scheme of your group? If that’s the case, you can apply a new theme to the conversation. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
By default, all the group chats that you create in GroupMe appear the same. The color scheme and banner depend on the theme you’re currently using on the app.
However, you can customize your conversations on the app by applying a new theme to the group. You can choose a different banner and color scheme depending on the category that you want to use for the chat.
Here’s our guide about applying a new theme to your group in GroupMe.
How to edit a group’s theme on GroupMe
If you want to personalize one of your groups in GroupMe, you can apply a theme to the chat and change its header. In this way, you can customize your different groups by changing their look.
You can change the theme whether you’re using GroupMe from your phone or computer. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
On your phone:
- Launch GroupMe from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Head to one of the groups that you want to manage and tap its avatar on the conversation header.
- Select “Settings” from the sidebar that appears on your screen.
- Select the Customize group option under the Personalization section.
- Tap the “Choose a theme” option, choose from the available themes, and select the banner that you want to display in the conversation.
- Check the preview and tap the Apply button.
- Tap the Save option on the top right corner to confirm your decision.
That’s how you change a group’s theme and banner from the GroupMe app for Android. Choosing a new team updates the conversation’s color scheme, banner, and more.
On your computer:
- Visit the GroupMe web app and sign in to your account.
- Head to the group conversation that you want to manage.
- Click the drop-down arrow beside the group’s name and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Scroll down and click the Change Theme button under the Personalization section.
- Click the “Choose Theme” button, select the category, and choose the theme that you want to use in the conversation.
- Check the chat preview and click Save to confirm your decision.
Please note that you can apply different themes to different groups that you manage on your account.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to change the theme of your groups in GroupMe, you can add a little bit of personalization to the chat. In this way, the conversation won’t appear plain like most of your other chats on the app.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.