How To Change The Server Invite Background On Discord
Last Updated: October 22, 2021
Do you want to make your server invitation in Discord unique? How about adding an image as background? In this way, see the image you chose when they open the invitation to your server. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how to upload a server invitation background to your Discord server.
By default, server invitations on Discord have a plain background. However, servers with enough boosts can opt to upload an image to use as background.
When your server reaches level 1 with two boosts, you can upload a background to all your server invitations. When someone views the invite, they’ll see the image you chose as the background instead of the plain one.
With that in mind, here’s our quick guide about uploading a background image to your server invitations on Discord.
How to add a background to your server invitation on Discord
If you want to customize the invitation to your server on Discord, you can add a background to it. In this way, you can make the invitation more interesting with an image that represents your server.
You can upload server invitation backgrounds on the Discord desktop, web, or mobile app. In our step-by-step tutorials below, we’ll cover everything you need to know about uploading one from all three app versions.
Note: Server invitation backgrounds are only available to tier 1 servers and above.
On your computer:
- Open the Discord web or desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Navigate to the server you want to manage and click its name on the upper left side of the screen.
- On the menu that appears, select “Server Settings.”
- Head to the Server Overview tab, scroll down to the Display section, and click the “Upload Background” button.
- Choose an image from your device and click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the app to confirm your decision.
You can use any image from your device as the background for your invitation on Discord. However, the app recommends you to use one with a size of 1920×1080 and an aspect ratio of 16:9.
If you ever change your mind, you can click the Remove option below the background preview. You can also upload a new image from your device.
On the Discord mobile app:
- After opening the app and signing in to your account, tap the hamburger icon on the top left side of the current channel.
- Head to the server that you want to manage, tap its name on the top of the app, and select “Settings” on the menu.
- Under the Settings section, tap “Overview.”
- Scroll down to the Server Invite Background section and tap the background preview to make some changes.
- Choose the image you want to use from your device and tap “Upload.”
- Tap the Save icon on the bottom right corner of the app to apply all the changes to the server.
Once you save the changes and confirm your decision, they’ll see the image you used when they check the invitation to the server.
Like we mentioned earlier, invitation backgrounds are only available to tier 1 servers and above. If you can’t access this feature on your server, consider contributing a few boosts to level it up.
To wrap it all up
With the help of server invitation backgrounds on Discord, you can make your invitation unique and cool. Always remember that when your server level drops down to zero, you’ll lose the capability to use the background.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our site from time to time, and browse our daily posts and updates.