How To Change The Reaction Emoji In Messenger
Last Updated: September 30, 2021
Can’t find the reaction you want to use on your conversations on Messenger? Or do you want to use your favorite emojis instead of the default reaction set on the chat? In any case, we got you covered. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how to customize your reactions on Facebook Messenger.
In Messenger, chat participants can use emojis as reactions to messages they see in the conversation. This feature can make your chats more engaging and fun.
When you open the reaction window, you get to see five emojis at a time. These are icons you can use quickly on messages you receive in the conversation.
However, the app gives you the option to customize the set of reactions you can use quickly in your conversations. With that in mind, here’s our guide to show you how to do so on the Messenger web and mobile app.
How to customize your emoji reactions in Messenger
If you want to change the emoji that are available for use in your conversations, you can customize the selection. In this way, you can access and use your favorite emoji to messages you receive on the chat.
You can customize your emoji reactions whether you’re using Messenger on your computer or mobile device. With that in mind, follow our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your computer:
- Using your favorite browser, open Messenger and sign in to your account.
- Head to the chat where you want to change your emoji reactions.
- Hover one of the messages and click the React icon.
- On the right side of the reactions, click the plus icon.
- Click Customize on the top right.
- Click the emoji that you want to replace on the set and select the one you want to use below.
- Click the Save button to apply the changes.
After changing your set of reactions, you can use them any time you want. If you ever change your mind, you can always customize your emojis and replace the ones you don’t usually use.
On your Android phone:
- Launch Messenger and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of your conversations where you want to customize your emoji reactions.
- Tap and hold one of your messages and tap the plus icon on the right of the emojis.
- Tap Customize on the top right of the list of emojis.
- Select the emoji you want to replace from the set and tap the one you want to use.
- Tap the check on the top right corner of the app to save the changes.
That’s how you customize your set of reactions to a conversation on Messenger. If you ever change your mind, you can follow the steps above to update your emojis.
Use your favorite emojis as reactions on Messenger
Now that you know how to customize reactions you can use on Messenger, you can now set your favorite emojis for quick use. As such, you can access and use them on messages you receive in the conversation.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tutorials, visit our site frequently, and view our latest posts and updates.