How To Change The Default Chat Background On Viber
Last Updated: November 25, 2022
Do you want to customize your chats on Viber? Do you want to set a default background for all your conversations on the app? If that’s a yes, you can update your chat backgrounds from your Appearance options on the app. Follow our guide below to learn how.
By default, all your chats on Viber appear the same. The background of your conversations on the app depends on the theme you chose for your account.
However, you can customize how your chats appear on your device. You can change the default background for your conversations or update each one of them.
In our guide below, we’ll teach you how to set a default background for all your conversations on the app.
How to change the background for all your chats on Viber
If you want to customize how your conversations appear on Viber, you can choose a default background for all your chats. In this way, you can make the chats appear better for your liking.
You can change the background of your chats whether you’re using the Viber desktop or mobile app. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll cover the steps on both app versions.
On your phone:
- Launch the Viber app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap “More” on the bottom right and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Go to your Appearance options.
- Select the “Change default background” option.
- Choose from the available photos and select one as your background. Alternatively, you can upload a photo from your device or use your camera to take an image for your chat background.
That’s how you change the default chat background on the Viber mobile app. The next time you open one of your chats, you’ll see the new background of the conversation immediately.
On your computer:
- Open the Viber desktop app and link it to your account.
- Click the gear icon on the top right corner of the app. Alternatively, you can click the drop-down arrow beside your profile icon and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Head to the Appearance tab and select the “Set Default Background” option.
- Select from the available choices or upload an image from your device.
Please note that you can have different chat backgrounds on the Viber desktop and mobile app. If you ever change your mind, you can always remove the background or choose another one that you like.
To wrap things up
That’s how you set a default background for your chats on Viber. Always remember that you can still choose a different background for your individual chats on the app.
For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.