How To Change The Chat Nickname On Messenger
Last Updated: September 17, 2021
Do you want to use nicknames on your group chat to make it more fun? Thankfully, Messenger allows its users to add nicknames to their conversations on the app. If you’re having trouble finding the option to edit nicknames on your chats, don’t worry, we got you covered. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how to do it on your Messenger account.
By default, your name on Messenger is the one you use on your group and private conversations on the app. However, you can set nicknames for yourself and other chat participants.
As such, you can customize your name on every chat you have on the app whenever you want to. Whether you want to add emojis to your name or use a funny nickname, everything is up to you.
With that in mind, here’s our quick guide on how to set nicknames on your Messenger chats.
How to set a nickname for your chat on Messenger
If you want to use nicknames on your group or one-on-one conversations on Messenger, you can always set one for you and the other chat participants. With the help of this feature, you can make your chats more fun for everyone involved.
You can set nicknames whether you’re using Messenger on your computer or phone. Follow our quick tutorials below, and we’ll show the steps in doing it on either device.
On your computer:
- Using your preferred web browser, visit Messenger and sign in to your account.
- Go to the conversation where you want to set nicknames. You can use this feature on both group and one-on-one chats.
- Click Customize Chat on the right side of the conversation and select the Edit Nicknames option.
- Choose the person in which you want to set a nickname. You can set nicknames for yourself or other conversation participants.
- Enter the nickname you want to use and click the checkmark to confirm your decision.
When you edit the chat nicknames, everyone participating in the chat gets to know about your decision. They also have the option to change it whenever they want, if they don’t like their current nicknames.
On your phone:
- Open the Messenger app on your device and sign in to your account.
- Go to the group or private chat where you want to set nicknames.
- Tap the information icon on the top right of the conversation header.
- Tap Nicknames.
- Choose a conversation participant to set a nickname.
- Enter the nickname you want to use and tap Set to confirm your decision.
Please note that these nicknames last until someone changes or removes them on the chat options. Also, changing the of someone only affects the current conversation that you’re editing. It doesn’t carry over to your other chats with the person involved.
Customize your Messenger chats with nicknames
Now that you know how to set a nickname for your chats in Messenger, you can choose to use whatever name you want. However, always remember that any of the chat participants can edit nicknames whenever they want.
That’s all from us! For more useful tutorials, visit our site regularly, and don’t forget to check our daily posts and updates.