How To Change The Chat Color On Signal
Last Updated: November 27, 2021
Do you want to customize your conversations on Signal? Do you want to change the default color of your chat bubbles on the app? If so, you can choose another chat color or create a custom one by adjusting the hue and saturation to match your taste. In our quick guide below, we’ll show you how to change your chat color on Signal.
In Signal, the app displays the message you send and receive in chat bubbles. By default, these bubbles appear with a solid blue background on all of your chats.
However, you can customize how these chats appear on your end of the app. You can choose another color for the bubbles or set a custom one that suits your taste.
Here’s our guide about changing the chat’s color for all your chats on Signal.
How to create a custom chat bubble color on Signal
If you want to customize how your conversations look on Signal, you can change the color of your chat bubbles. You can select from the pre-made colors on the app or choose to create one that suits your taste.
You can change the chat color on Signal whether you’re on your desktop or phone. Follow our quick tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it on both devices.
On your Android device:
- Open the Signal mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Tap the three dots icon on the top right corner of the chats list and select Settings from the menu.
- On the Settings page, select the Appearance option.
- Open your “Chat color & wallpaper” settings.
- Under the preview section, select “Chat color.”
- Choose from the preset colors or tap the plus icon at the bottom of the selection to create your custom color.
- If you want to create a custom chat bubble color, you can use a solid or gradient color. Adjust the hue, saturation, and tap Save to confirm your decision.
If you ever change your mind, you can always change your settings and reset it back to default by selecting the Auto option on your color options.
On your computer:
- Open the Signal desktop app and link your account by scanning the QR code that appears on your screen.
- Click your profile icon on the top left side of your screen and select Preferences from the menu.
- Head to the Appearance tab and select “Chat color.”
- Choose from the available preset colors or click the plus icon to create a custom one.
- If you want to create a custom color, you can use a solid or gradient color and adjust the hue and saturation.
- Click Save to apply the changes to your account.
That’s how you set the default chat color for all your conversations on Signal. You can also change your preferences for each chat you have on the app.
To change the chat color for a specific conversation, tap the three dots icon or drop-down arrow on the top right corner of the chat. Navigate to Settings, Chat Color, and select the one you want to use.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to change the chat bubble color on Signal, you have another option when customizing the appearance of your chats. If you ever change your mind, you can always reset your preferences to default, choose another color, or create a new hue and saturation combination.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials from us, visit our site frequently and browse our latest posts and updates.