How To Change The Background For Individual Chats On Viber
Last Updated: December 9, 2022
Do you want to customize some of your chats on Viber? Do you want a unique background for your conversations with your close friends on the app? If that’s the case, you can set a background for the chat. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
By default, all your conversations on Viber, group or one-on-one, appear the same. The chat background for all your chats depends on the theme you choose for your account.
However, you can choose to customize the appearance of your chats whenever you want. Aside from choosing a default background for all your chats, you can also customize them one by one.
Here’s our guide about setting a background on Viber.
How to customize the background for individual chats on Viber
If you want to personalize how certain chats look on your end of the app, you can change their background from the chat information. In this way, you can customize your group and individual chats with your friends and other users on the app.
You can change a chat’s background whether you’re using Viber on your computer or mobile device. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll cover the steps from both devices.
On your phone:
- Open Viber on your device and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Chats tab and open the group or individual chat that you want to manage.
- Tap the conversation name on the header. Alternatively, you can tap More options (three dots icon) and select “Chat info” from the menu.
- Select the Background option from the sidebar that appears on your screen.
- Choose from the available backgrounds from the app or upload one from your device. You can also use your camera to take a picture that you want to use as the background of the chat.
If you want to use the same background for all your chats on Viber, there’s no need to change it for each chat one by one. You can set a default background on the Appearance settings on your account.
On your computer:
- Launch the Viber desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Browse your existing chats and open the group or one-on-one chat that you want to manage.
- Select the “Set background” option on the Chat information tab. If you can’t see the sidebar on the right of the conversation, select the information icon on the header.
- Choose from the available backgrounds or upload one from your device.
You can choose different pictures as backgrounds for each group and one-on-one conversations on your account.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to change the background of individual chats on Viber, you can now customize the chats that are important to you. In this way, you can make some of your chats appear better than others.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.