How To Change The Audio Quality In YouTube Music
Last Updated: October 6, 2022
Do you want to listen to better quality music on YouTube Music? Or do you want to use less data when playing songs from your phone? In any case, you can change the audio quality from your settings on the app. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
YouTube Music Premium gives its users access to features that can improve their experience on the app. Aside from allowing offline music to play, subscribers can also change the audio quality or customize the equalizer.
By default, YouTube Music uses a normal audio quality for all the songs you play on the app, including your downloads. However, you can change the quality to a higher bitrate that uses more data or a lower one that uses fewer mobile data.
Here’s our guide about updating the audio quality on YouTube Music.
How to update the audio quality in YouTube Music
If you want to hear better music from YouTube Music, you change the audio quality on the app. As long as you have a premium subscription, you can change the app’s audio quality to a higher or lower bitrate.
You can adjust the audio quality whether you’re using YouTube Music on your phone or computer. In our tutorials below, we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Launch the YouTube Music app on your device and sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile icon on the top right corner of the Home tab.
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Scroll down and tap the “Audio quality on Wi-Fi” option.
- Select the audio quality you prefer on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
- Change the “Audio quality on data” option as well.
By default, the app uses the Normal quality, which uses 128kbps AAC. Changing it to a higher quality gives you better audio but uses more data.
Using the “Always High” option forces the app to maintain high-quality audio even when you have a poor connection.
On your computer:
- Visit the YouTube Music web app and sign in to your account.
- Click your profile icon on the top right corner of the screen and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Head to the Playback tab and change the audio quality to the option you prefer.
Making the audio quality low uses less data while changing it to high uses more. If you ever change your mind, you can always update the audio settings on your account.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to change the audio quality in YouTube Music, you can now change the quality of the songs you play on the app depending on your situation. The lower audio quality option uses less data, which might be better when you’re on the go while relying on mobile data.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.