How To Change Or Reset Your Password On Spotify
Last Updated: July 4, 2021
Do you think that someone else using your Spotify without your permission? Do you want to change your password to protect and secure your account? If that’s the case, we have here a guide that can help you. We’ll show you how to change the password of your Spotify account. Whether you remember your current password or not, we got you covered.
Although you can’t change your username on Spotify, you can always update your password whenever you want. In this way, you can keep your account secure and protected from unauthorized people.
However, please remember that you can’t change your credentials on Spotify on their desktop, web, or mobile app. You need to visit their Account page on your web browser to do so.
On the other hand, you can click “Forgot your password” on the login page and reset your password through the email associated with your account.
Either way, our tutorials below can help you change your password. Whether you remember your current one or not, there’s no need to worry as we have everything you need.
How to change your Spotify password
If you think that someone else is using your Spotify account without your permission, you can choose to change your password on the app. You can use a more secure or difficult word and number combination to keep it more protected from unauthorized users.
You can only change your login credentials on Spotify by visiting the Account page on your web browser. There’s no option to do so on the mobile, web, and desktop app.
With that in mind, here’s our step-by-step guide on how to change your password on Spotify.
- Using your preferred web browser, visit the Spotify Account page and sign in to your account.
- On the navigation bar located at the left, click the “Change password” tab.
- Type your current password and your new one on the empty fields. You’ll need to type your new password twice to make sure that you remember the combination.
- Once you finish entering your new password, click the green “Set New Password” button.
- If you get your old and new password right, you’ll see that a notification that you successfully changed your password. Otherwise, you have to verify everything you type is correct.
That’s how you change your Spotify password on the account page using your web browser. If you don’t think that your new password is secure enough, you can always change it whenever you want.
How to reset your password on Spotify
If you don’t remember your current password and you can’t sign in to Spotify, you can reset your password by clicking the “Forgot your password” option on the login page. As long as you have access to the email address associated with your account, resetting your password is an easy task.
- Using your preferred web browser, head to the Spotify login page and click the “forgot your password” option. Alternatively, you can go directly to the Password Reset page.
- Enter your email address or username on the empty field.
- Complete the CAPTCHA (if there are any) and click the Send button.
- Check your inbox for an email from Spotify and click “Reset password” on the message.
- Type your new password and click the Send button. Don’t enter a password that you previously used, or you’ll fail to reset your password.
If the password reset says that there’s no account associated with the email address you entered, try using your Facebook credentials or other emails. But if you don’t see the email from Spotify, try checking all your folders, including your Spam.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to update and reset your password on Spotify, there’s no need to worry about other people using your account. By changing your login credentials, you can make your account even more secured.
Please remember that you can update your password whenever you want. As such, you can always change it if you feel that your account isn’t secure.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us frequently, and read our daily posts or updates.