How To Cancel Your Nitro Subscription On Discord
Last Updated: October 25, 2021
Do you no longer need the perks that come with your Nitro subscription? Or are you on a tight budget and can’t afford the monthly subscription at the moment? Either way, you can cancel your subscription any time you want. With that in mind, here’s a quick guide to help you cancel Discord Nitro from your phone or computer. Follow us below, and we’ll show you everything you need to know.
The Discord Nitro subscription can improve your experience on the app. It gives you free server boosts, extra customization features, better video resolutions, and more.
Although the Nitro subscription can help you personalize your account, it’s not for every user out there. If you’re not a regular Discord user or you can’t afford the monthly payment right now, you can opt to cancel the plan and end the subscription on your next billing date.
Without further ado, here’s our guide about canceling your subscription to Discord Nitro.
How to cancel your Discord Nitro subscription
If you think that you no longer need your Nitro subscription, you can cancel at any time you want. When you do, you’ll lose all the perks that come with it when the cancellation date passes.
You can cancel your Nitro subscription whether you’re using Discord on your phone or computer. Follow our quick tutorials below, and we’ll cover the steps to do so on both devices.
On your computer:
- Open the Discord app (desktop or web app) and sign in to your account.
- Click the cog/gear icon on the bottom left of your screen to access your User Settings.
- Under the Billing Settings section on the left side of your screen, select Subscriptions.
- Click the Cancel option on the Discord Nitro subscription.
- Scroll down to view all the perks you’ll lose and select Continue.
- Click Next, view the subscription details and click “Yup, Cancel Nitro” on the bottom right to confirm your decision.
Once you cancel your Nitro subscription, you’ll lose all the perks that come with it until it runs out on the next billing date. However, you can always re-subscribe before the cancellation date ends.
On the Discord mobile app:
- After signing in to your account, tap the hamburger icon on the top left corner of the current channel to open the menu.
- Tap your profile avatar on the bottom right corner of the app to open your User Settings.
- Scroll down to the Nitro Settings section and select “Manage Subscription.”
- On your Discord Nitro subscription, tap “Cancel.”
- Once the pop-up window appears on your screen, tap Cancel Subscription to confirm your decision.
Please note that you can’t reactivate your Nitro subscription on the mobile app unless you’re using Google Play.
Like we mentioned earlier, you’ll lose the free boosts, discounts, and other perks from the Nitro subscription once the billing cycle ends.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to cancel your Discord Nitro, you can manage your subscription and remove it any time you want. If you ever change your mind, you can always re-subscribe or get a new plan from the app.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials from us, visit our site from time to time and check our latest posts and updates.