How To Cancel Your Netflix Subscription
Last Updated: May 20, 2022
Do you no longer use your Netflix account quite as often as before? Do you want to stop your monthly subscription to the app? If so, you can cancel your membership on your Account Settings on the app. Follow our step-by-step guide below, and we’ll show you how.
Before you can watch movies or series on Netflix, you’ll need to avail one of their subscriptions on the app. After registering for one of their memberships, you can go ahead and watch on their mobile or web app.
If you find yourself not using Netflix anymore, you have the option to cancel your subscription. In this way, you can save a few bucks every month for a membership that you no longer need in your life.
Here’s our guide about canceling your membership on Netflix.
How to cancel your membership on Netflix
If you no longer watch series or movies on Netflix like you used to, you can cancel your subscription on the app to save yourself a few bucks. After canceling your subscription, you’ll lose access to the app’s features on your next billing date.
You can end your subscription on Netflix whether you’re using your phone or desktop. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both.
Note: Our tutorials will show you how to cancel a subscription if you got one directly on Netflix.
- Launch Netflix on your device and sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile avatar on the top right corner of the app.
- Select “Account” near the bottom of the Profile page. This option opens your Account page on the web browser on your phone.
- Scroll down and select the Cancel Membership button.
- Click “Finish Cancellation” to confirm your decision.
That’s how you cancel your subscription from the Netflix mobile app. After confirming your decision, the cancellation will take effect at the end of your billing period.
On your computer:
- Visit Netflix on your preferred browser and sign in to your account.
- Hover your mouse to your profile icon on the upper right side and select “Account” from the menu.
- Click the “Cancel Membership” button under the Membership & Billing section.
- Select “Finish Cancellation” to confirm your decision.
If you ever change your mind, you can always restart your membership whenever you want. The app will save your preferences and account details for 10 months in case you want to come back.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to cancel your membership on Netflix, you can now leave the app without paying for the subscription that you don’t want to use anymore in the future. You can always come back and restart your membership anytime you want.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.