How To Cancel An Event On Discord
Last Updated: November 18, 2021
Did you make some changes to your schedule, leaving you unable to host your event on Discord? Do you want to call it off ahead of time to let other people know? If that’s the case, you can cancel the event on your server whenever you want. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do it from your desktop or mobile device.
In Discord, you can schedule events on a server to notify its members when you’re planning to go live. In this way, they can prepare ahead of time if they don’t want to miss the occasion.
However, there are times when our plans and schedules change. If you don’t have time to host an event on your server, you can cancel it to let the attendees know that you’re calling it off.
With that in mind, here’s our guide about canceling events on Discord.
How to cancel a server event on Discord
If you think that you can’t host an event you scheduled on Discord in the future, you can cancel it ahead of time. In this way, you can let your server members know that you’re not going through your planned stage, voice, or real-life event.
You can cancel a server event whether you’re using Discord on your phone or computer. In our tutorials below, we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your computer:
- Open the Discord web or desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Head to one of your servers and select Events at the top channels list on the left.
- Browse the scheduled events and select More (three dots icon) on the one you want to manage. Once the menu appears, select “Cancel Event.”
- When the pop-up window shows up on your screen, click “Cancel Event” to confirm your decision.
Once you cancel an event, you can’t undo your decision. You’ll need to create a new one on your server and add all the details manually.
When an event doesn’t start within an hour of the scheduled time, Discord removes it from the server Events section automatically. However, you can always cancel the event yourself any time you want.
On the Discord mobile app:
- After opening the app and logging in to your account, tap the hamburger icon on the top left to open the menu.
- Head to the server that you want to manage and select the Events tab from the channels list.
- Browse the events list and tap the one you want to cancel.
- Tap the three dots icon on the event to access more options.
- Select the “Cancel Event” option and confirm your decision.
When you cancel an event, Discord removes it from your Events tab. Although there’s no way to undo your decision, you can create a new event exactly like the one you scheduled earlier.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to cancel your events on Discord, you can call off your scheduled plans on your servers whenever you need to. In this way, you won’t disappoint the potential attendees by calling it off ahead of time.
That’s all we have on us! For more tutorials, tips, and tricks, visit our site regularly and read our daily posts and updates.