How To Cancel A Server Boost In Discord
Last Updated: October 22, 2021
Do you no longer need to boost one of your servers on Discord? Or did you accidentally buy too many boosts for your server? In any case, you can always cancel your subscription any time you want. With that in mind, here’s our guide on canceling your server boost subscriptions on Discord.
Server boosts in Discord can help improve your servers which can unlock more perks. Each member can contribute and boost the server to level it up and get more features that everyone can enjoy.
Although boosting a server can help it improve, it can cost you a bit of money, especially if you want to contribute a lot of them to your server. It is also a monthly subscription that automatically renews on the billing date.
So if you ever change your mind, you always have the option to cancel your boosts on Discord. Follow our guide below to learn how.
How to cancel one of your server boosts in Discord
If you no longer want to boost a server on Discord, you can cancel your subscription any time you want. Once you do, the server will lose a boost when the cancellation date passes.
You can cancel a boost whether you’re using Discord on your desktop or mobile device. In our tutorials below, we’ll cover the steps of doing so on both devices.
On your desktop:
- Open the Discord app (desktop or web app) and sign in to your account.
- Click the gear icon on the bottom left part of the app to open your User Settings.
- Under the Billing Settings section, select “Server Boost.”
- Click the three dots icon on one of your active boosts and select “Cancel Boost Subscription” on the menu.
- Click Next, view the subscription details, and select “Yes, Cancel Boost” to confirm your decision.
After confirming your decision, you’ll see the unused boost on your Server Boost tab that is pending for cancellation. Until the cancellation date passes, you can still enjoy the perks of using the boost.
If you ever change your mind, you can save the boost before the cancellation date. Click the three dots icon beside the Unused Boost and select “Uncancel” on the menu.
On the Discord mobile app:
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top left side of your current channel and select your profile avatar on the bottom right corner of the app.
- Scroll down to the Nitro Settings section and tap “Manage Boosts.”
- Tap the three dots icon beside one of your active boosts and select “Cancel Boost Subscription.”
- Select the “Cancel Boost” button to confirm your decision.
Please note that you can only cancel a boost that you bought for your server. You can’t cancel free boosts from your Nitro subscription plan.
Like we mentioned earlier, you can still use the boost until the cancellation date, which is usually on the next billing date. Before that said date, you can always resurrect your boost and undo your decision.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to cancel a boost on Discord, you can remove the monthly subscription from your card or PayPal account. Once the cancellation date passes, there’s no way to save the boost. When that happens, you might lose a level on your server if there are not enough boosts from other users.
If you decide to cancel all your boosts on Discord, you’ll lose the special badge on your profile.
That’s all from us! For more tips and tutorials, check our site from time to time, and browse our daily posts and updates.