How To Boost A Server On Discord
Last Updated: October 21, 2021
Do you want to have an animated icon for your server on Discord? How about improved quality of your live streams and voice channels within the server? By boosting a server and reaching a certain level, you’ll get more features and perks that every member can enjoy. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to purchase and use boosts on Discord.
In Discord, servers are places where people can share posts and talk to others with the same interests. If you want more perks and improvements on your favorite server, you can opt to bless it with boosts to unlock more features that every member can enjoy.
With more server boosts, you get to level up your server, which unlocks more features. For example, you’ll get custom sticker slots, an animated server icon, and archive option threads for Level 1. As you level up your server, you’ll get all the perks from the previous level with more bonus features.
Here’s our guide on how to boost your server on Discord.
How to boost your favorite server on Discord
If you want to get more perks, emojis, and features on your Discord server, you can opt to bless it with Server Boosts. For each level unlocked with boosting, every community member gets to enjoy more features that can improve their experience on the app.
You can boost a server anytime from the Discord desktop, web, or mobile app. In our guide below, we’ll show you the steps to do so.
On the Discord desktop or web app:
- After signing in to your account, go to the server in which you want to boost.
- Click the server’s name on the top left side of the app and click “Server Boost” from the menu.
- Select one of the plans or choose to buy a single boost. In this tutorial, we’ll go with the latter option.
- Choose how many boosts you want to contribute or select one of the plans that you want to unlock and click Continue.
- Select the payment method, agree to the terms of service, and click the Purchase button to confirm your decision.
Please note that Nitro subscribers get 30% off when purchasing boosts for their servers. Also, they get two free boosts that they can use whenever they want.
Once you use a boost, you can transfer it to another server on Discord. However, you’ll need to wait for the 7-day cooldown to end to do so.
On the Discord mobile app:
- After opening the app and signing into your account, tap the hamburger icon on the top left corner of the current channel.
- Go to the server that you want to boost and tap its name at the top of the menu.
- Tap the number of boosts beside the Notification button.
- Select the “Boost This Server” button.
- Follow the next steps to boost your server. If you’re out of boosts, you can buy more from the Discord desktop app.
If you ever change your mind, you can always cancel your subscription or transfer it to another server. You’ll find these options by navigating to User Settings > Manage Boosts (or Server Boosts on desktop).
Always remember that you don’t need to buy all the boosts to get to the level where you can access all the perks on your server. Other server members can chip in and buy boosts to increase the level of your server.
Get more perks for your favorite server on Discord
Now that you know how to purchase and use a server boost on Discord, you can now contribute to your community and help level up your favorite server. Once the server reaches a new level, you’ll unlock more perks and features that every member can enjoy.
Members who contributed boosts to a server get a shiny badge to display on their Discord profile. This badge evolves over time as long as you keep boosting every month.
That’s all we have on our guide about server boosting on Discord. For more tips and tutorials, visit our site regularly, and browse our latest posts and updates.